food diary

Options
why do you or why dont you have your diary open????? are their pros and cons of it?

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Open. Why not? I eat what i eat.....mostly good...mostly bad. Depends on the critic. I know my goals and ice cream...wine and beer all fit. As does the monthly 7000 calorie day.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I opened it as soon as I realized you could lol. I don't care if people see it and I might want them to see if I ask for tips or advice. Other people might want to see it to get meal ideas too. I figure I'm not hiding anything and if some stranger on mpf doesn't like my diary, I'll live ;)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    thanks................
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    . I figure I'm not hiding anything and if some stranger on mpf doesn't like my diary, I'll live ;)

ROTFL!! :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Mostly because it's never occurred to me to have it closed. I'm a very non-private person.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I close mine, mostly because I feel like I'm most honest in my tracking that way. Also, there's some days where I eat very poorly (like less than 1100 calories) and I don't want my bad eating to influence any of my friends negatively.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open because if I want advice, it's going to be the first thing that's asked form and also it helps me try to stay on target and get my cal intake up (which is so weird since before actually tracking food and getting the right kinds in me I could have easily scarfed 3500 cals a day)
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    mine is open to my friends...but that is mostly so if we make a meal together and one of us enters it the other can copy it- but I block people that regularly comment on it. I am not one of those people that needs encouragement, suggestions, or judgment. I know what I am doing, and I am aware of the decisions I make.

I realize this sounds a little snarky...that's not what I meant. I just really hate all the "good jobs" when I ate way too little or ate terrible but managed to sneak in right at my goal.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, mainly because I now have plenty of others who eat to fuel themselves well on my list, and none of the sub 1200 'must lose weight as fast as possible and to hell with my health' crowd. I do sometimes feel slightly paranoid if I have only of my 2600 calorie days, but that is after I have exercised off 1000 calories. It is my body, anyway, and of anyone looks at my diary and has an issue, tough titties.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to friends...don't know why it just seemed right at the time. Who else would even care what I eat?
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed. I'm naturally a private person, and even though I do eat healthy the majority of the time, if I don't for a day or two, I don't want anyone else to see it. I also don't want to be tempted not to log it.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I leave it open so those anorexic girls on my list can see that its ok to eat. And also helps keep me on track with healthy choices.
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. I like looking at other people's to get inspiration for meal ideas. I always seem to eat the same things! It also gives my friends a chance to leave feedback and let me no if I'm doing anything wrong/bad!
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One of the hardest things was actually recording all the crap I ate over the this holiday weekend, and then letting people see it. The best part, I was sharing it with people who are here to not only work on themselves, but help to support me too. I received nothing but kindness from my friends. I wouldn't want to close it for the sake of secretly eating bad (whether too many or too little cals), what would I learn from that?

"The truth will set you free" :flowerforyou: