I need MFP to become my new facebook

Options
debbash68
debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
I am 44 and have over80lbs to lose, I need tto come off facebook and get the support to release this weight! Does anyone need the same type of support as would love to return the favour!

Replies

• randyfugate
    randyfugate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Facebook is the destroyer of so many lives and diverts your attention away from your goals. They are nothing more than a corrupt organization that logs, filters, censors and uses everything you say on their website for their own nefarious & greedy purposes.

Every moment you spend on Facebook is a minute away from people who want you to succeed! Remember, if you hang out with mutts your are destined to suffer from fleas. Make the decision to delete your Facebook account and abandon that foolishness forever. Its a distraction and very likely evil.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 49 and I use this site all the time. I check on my friends on facebook, but I never post anything there. Here I like to post something everyday. Feel free to add me.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I check mfp wayyy more than facebook now lol the support here is a lot better, people are friendlier, and unlike facebook, this will actually get you somewhere! :)
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I still get on facebook here and there to check in with my friends and family but by and large MFP has become my facebook. I do wish though, that you'd get notifications when someone else posts on a status and that it did some of the linking that facebook does, but I definitely log more time on MFP than facebook.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I use to play farmville took up too much of my time. I am now down to 2 games and in time those will be in the past. I have over 80 lbs to lose and I'm not losing it sitting here on my butt. I have gotten alot busier and more serious in the past week. I tried weight watchers but got no support or motivation. I am now seeing a dietitian and she is helping me. And I get LOADS of motivation and support from this website. Like one member said, this is the new facebook!!! Add me if you wish!!
  • ppdes
    ppdes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    MFP is my new facebook and I agree that FB diverts attention from your goals. Its like a pseudo-world where everyone is trying to project their best image many a times, unlike MFP which is very real and everyone accepts that they are humble, susceptible to weight gain and need to do lot of hard work to achieve their goals...
    I'm not saying FB is fake, I am there too, its just that somehow, all photos, statuses updated here, the support of MFP friends (who by the way are mostly your online friends) is very genuine. Compare this with FB and you know what I mean...
  • baiye1
    baiye1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that. I have over 100 lbs that I want to lose and I need the support from somewhere and FB is just way too high school, full of drama and witchiness. I am looking for people who are having the same issues and who will help motivate me when chocolate is just calling my name. I found a few sites on FB that weren't too bad but a lot of them are a lot further along or they just have different goals. I just want to eat sensibly and not become a gym rat, just move more and eat less. Add me (I haven't figured out how yet).
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've never been on facebook. I've heard it's full of drama queens. MFP is my facebook and it's one of the ways I communicate with family (who are also members). Some of them don't even use it - they just come here to check in because they know the rest of us do use it and they want to stop by for updates. :laugh:
  • LadyWolf66
    LadyWolf66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like that idea - having MFP as my new Facebook. :)
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great idea! FB is suck a time suck!
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Facebook is the destroyer of so many lives and diverts your attention away from your goals. They are nothing more than a corrupt organization that logs, filters, censors and uses everything you say on their website for their own nefarious & greedy purposes.

Every moment you spend on Facebook is a minute away from people who want you to succeed! Remember, if you hang out with mutts your are destined to suffer from fleas. Make the decision to delete your Facebook account and abandon that foolishness forever. Its a distraction and very likely evil.
    I like this and I agree!
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I find this site so motivational that it me want to get out there and do something about my weight/lifestyle. I am still in Facebook and still use it mainly to message my brother in Australia (I'm England). I have however thought for a long time, a lot of people on fb are 20 faced and is a lot of schoolyard *****ing. I'm 33 and can't be bothered with all that now!
    I've sent you a request!
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer My Fitness Pal.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I only use FB to check up on my family who all live on the other side of the world... 2-4 minutes daily/max, but I'm here quite frequently: in the morning if possible and in the afternoon after I come home from work. If you would like another friend, please feel free to add me :)
  • cassandragahler
    Options
    I would like more friends on here as I am just starting out on MFP and am looking to stay motivated and make some new friends. :)
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hardly spend 5 mins of FB....but more than 2 hours here..I log every thing.. always looking for friends...feel free to add me
  • melissabonnette5
    melissabonnette5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The atmosphere here is great and you will find lots of encouragement and motivation. I am on here more and more and FB less and less. We will also enjoy cheering you on and encouraging you through this journey.
  • queensey
    queensey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I need this too... I need motivation and support as I have 30kg to loose. Feel free to add me :)
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i like to play games on facebook and catch up with my family but i always have mfp open in the next tab. i only post my successes and issues on here though, i rarely put a status on facebook some people just won't support you. i post my update photos on jillian michaels site which all my friends see, it can be a bit overwhelming when you get so many comments.
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    i like to play games on facebook and catch up with my family but i always have mfp open in the next tab. i only post my successes and issues on here though, i rarely put a status on facebook some people just won't support you. i post my update photos on jillian michaels site which all my friends see, it can be a bit overwhelming when you get so many comments.

I agree with this. Keeping a tab open for MPF all of the time is just what I do now. It makes it easier to log every little thing before I forget or flub the amounts.