Shorts! Then and Now

Options
kindasortachewy
kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
Today I weighed in today and I have lost over 21 pounds so far on MFP - a bit more before that as well. I went out and bought myself some shorts, first grabbing just one size down from my regular size, which was 17. All of my bottoms are ranging from 20s - 18s at the smallest, most being 19s.

16/17 - way too big

14/15- too big, I was THRILLED HERE!

12/13 - These were not huge on me, I was going to get these and be happy, but my fiancé told me I should try one size smaller because I looked like I would shrink out of these way too fast

So I talked myself into trying on a 10/11 and holy wow - it fit. a 10/11!! Thats one size away from single digits, I cannot remember the last time I was a 10 or better yet an 8!

I wanted to find some pictures of me in shorts to compare - surprise surprise - I couldn't really. I did find two (one with pants underneath) and I put some of jeans to compare. Remember these are photos I have posted myself on facebook, so I must have felt I looked good/skinny HAHA! Just wanted to share because the photos on here is what I look at when i need a motivation, so I hope at least one person feels motivated from this post :)

I am 5'11 and will turn 23 on Thursday

Doing zumba and zombie 5k training

rsz_shorts_zpsb15ff662.jpg

rsz_shorts2_zps3ac4ef9f.jpg

Also I just wanted to say, you DONT need to be a size 0 to be beautiful and skinny, yes I would like to get down to an 8 or a 6 an the smallest, but 0=/=skinny - you can be skinny and beautiful at any size if you FELL IT

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    You look like 10 bazillion dollars! Congrats!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I approve of your shirt, and would like to know where you purchased such an amazing piece of childhood nostalgia.

Also you look amazing, great work
  • kindasortachewy
    Options
    @Chelled - its from HotTopic - I got it my jr year in highschool!!! Haha Back in it today :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your shirt! And great job!
  • meisha85
    meisha85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Loved reading your post
  • melissabonnette5
    melissabonnette5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great story and good for you!! It has got to feel really good to see that all of your efforts have paid off and you are getting to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Your post is inspiring and it is great to see before and after photos. Keep up the good work!!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yay!! that is so exciting! congrats on all your hard work paying off :)
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    damn you are amazing, great job :D and i also like your hair as a brunette, you look hot!!!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I can't wait for the day when I can wear 10s let alone 8s! If I even get there! Haha. Congrats! You look great :)
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. And I totally agree with you. It's not about the number is how you feel about it.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Goodness! You make a size 11 look GOOD, lady! Nice shorts.
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    You look fantastic, well done!
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing.
  • Lish1234
    Lish1234 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! So impressive! How long did it take you??
  • kindasortachewy
    Options
    @ Lish - today is my 55th day on MFP - and 55 hard days its been, it has not got easier for me, but comparison photos and a great friends list keep me motivated
  • Lish1234
    Lish1234 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to hear! Thanks for sharing your motivating story!
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • kindasortachewy
    Options
    Goodness! You make a size 11 look GOOD, lady! Nice shorts.

I guess thats from being tall - I'm still a pear so no hourglass figure :( But thanks!
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Love them! You look great.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hey - no frowny faces for pear shapes :wink: - I am also a pear, and we look HOT when we're in shape, which you demonstrate perfectly with this thread :smile:.

You look awesome!!

More pear love :heart:!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!