scale problems

Options
I weigh every morning as a guide to help me stay on track and motivate me. I only record it Tuesdays yetsterday I weighed in at 204.8 so you can see my frustration and worry when today it reads 202.6. I'm my sure if I believe it and don't know what to do. I recorded anyways I just can't help that it tricking me somehow and then next week or tells me I've gained. I feel I nee advice so I can really enjoy this. I did start a new exercise last week by scootering to work and back resulting in burning over 3000 calories an I've been drinking a lot more water this week. So could it be paranoia? Or do I need new scales?

Replies

• 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I test my scale by weighing my weights. Mine works fine but my weight can bounce around depending on my sodium, sugar, lack of water intake or really anything can affect my weight. I also retain water after heavy workouts and used to drop weight after skipping a day. So test your scale and don't worry about fluctuations
  • sareyezz23
    sareyezz23 Posts: 53
    Options
    That's a really good idea thank you! My weight does fluctuate really easily too, just never shown this sort of result after a rest day. I'll test it right now :)
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    When I buy a tub of cat litter it will tell you on the side how much it weighs, so then I weigh it on my scale to check my scale's accuracy. But if your scale is accurate, don't worry too much about it because in one day my body will drop/gain anywhere from 1 pound to (i kid you not) 8 pounds
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    As a former every-day-weigher, I now only weigh occasionally. Not only does weight change frequently due to things other than my progress, but my scales can change their mind by POUNDS after turning off and on again.

For me, it's for the best anyway. It's hard to trust myself, but it's really about how we feel about ourselves and our progress, right? (At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself)
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would say don't weigh yourself, keep doing what you are doing. You will notice your clothes and body. Maybe once a month if you really have to. I go nuts weighing in and then I when I don't lose anything in a week I want to die! Don't sabatoge your hard work:-)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Could also just be uneven floor surface, if you move the scale around.