Dancing the weight off... do you recommend any video games?

Options
So, here are the game systems that we have in our home:
-xbox
-xbox kinect
-wii
-wii u

What can I say, I married a gamer :) Basically, I enjoy dancing but I am a stay at home mother so I have very little time to leave the house to exercise so a dance class is out. I think I would have a fun time trying out a dance game... That all being said, I am in no capacity a gamer so I don't know which game or which system would be ideal. Can anyone recommend a good game to begin moving more?

I like most types of music. Thanks!

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 3 is pretty good one. And only dancing game I actually know, lol. But it's fun and can make you move pretty damn good. Just make sure your Xbox or Wii has that movement recognition hardware... otherwise it won't work. ^^
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love my Wii Zumba Core game. You just wear the belt, and put the control in the belt and dance. It may be better/easier on the Kinect, though, because you don't need the controller. The belt can move around on you and not track all of your movements.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I do Wii Zumba 2 and I've even got my 13-year-old son doing it. I also have "Lets dance on Broadway" which breaks the songs down by effort and difficulty - so you can do a less effort warm up and cool down and more effort in the middle.

Wii zumba tells you how many calories you've burned, for lets dance I add it as dancing, general.
  • katrinareece
    Options
    I faithfully do Zumba for Wii. I absolutely love it. Everytime I finish I am soak and wet with sweat. Great workout!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba 2 on the wii. I actually prefer it to a class because the standard of the teachers in consistent and you can choose how hard to go. You also get stars, rewards etc that keep me doing my best too. I had to take a break in early pregnancy as my hips go out of line early on, but I may give it a go again soon, as they seem to be back in line.

I have the original Just Dance too. It is fun, but there are more tunes that are just too dull and easy for me than in the Zumba game. I get really low scores too, though dh is always impressed by my dancing skills :happy: