Don't Know How To Maintain

Options
I started losing weight 9 months ago. Since then i have lost 60 pounds. I started at 150 now i am at 90. My parents have told me to stop losing weight. I still have a big stomach though. Everything else on me is skinny. I increased my calories from 1,200 to 1,600. I usually workout for 1.5 hours but i have been skipping the gym for the past week. I actually was at 86 pounds but gained 4 pounds from going to cedar point, having cupcakes at school, and having ice cream at a school dance. Instead of maintaining my weight i have just seem to be gaining. Should i reduce the amount of time i workout for when i go to the gym? What exercises should i do to flatten my stomach? How many calories should i eat everyday? Someone please help!!!

Replies

• Taylorferguson1
    Options
    your body will gain weight then go back down for about 3 weeks though skip the ice cream and stuff and cupcakes just make sure you don't only count calories make sure you count the nutrients high protein low salt and healthy amount of carbs and you will be fine!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Well... lets start off by saying this : I'm not sure how tall you are, but if you're over 5'2 90 pounds is probably NOT healthy for you. Not going to make judgements, just that for the general human population that's not enough.

Now, you said you've been eating 1200. There was your first mistake - Your body probably held onto fat thinking it was not getting any of the nutrients it needed to survive, therefore making it hard for you to lose body fat percentage which is the real goal.
    Next, How much protein do you eat? a good guideline is about 100 grams per day, or 1 gram per every lb of lean body mass.
    Do you do only cardio? If so, switch your routine up. Incorporate strength training of any form. That'll help you lose body fat. You can't just target one area.
    Try Blogilates on youtube for some great strength training and challenging workouts. I do them all the time, they're really fun! You don't feel like you're dreading another workout because she makes everything very upbeat.

The amount of calories you need depends on your height, weight, age, fitness level, and BMR.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You should try the 30 day shred if you want to flatten your stomach. However, I must say you must put on some weight as it is really unhealthy.
  • shikiwiki13
    shikiwiki13 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am actually 4' 10 & i eat about 80 grams of protein a day.
  • shikiwiki13
    shikiwiki13 Posts: 16
    Options
    My weight is healthy for my height