I've decided I can do this! Friends?

Options
MercKlebba
MercKlebba Posts: 55 Member
It's been two years since I've had my son and after realizing I was living in elastic waist pants and over sized t-shirts I'm ready to shed these pounds. Not to mention I look like a fluffy bunny in my wedding photos. My husband left for boot camp a few weeks ago and I know he is going to come back in the best shape of his life. Since I don't have a drill instructor in my face 24/7 I figured this community could help me keep on track. Friend me and make me stick with it! I want to see how in shape I can get by the time he gets back (late July). I want to surprise him!

xo!

Replies

• craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You are going to look fantastic when he returns. He will think he is at the wrong house!

and,

OMG, I thought it was just me who wore the the stretch pants and over sized shirts!! That was my problem. I didn't feel comfortable in jeans so that's what I wore. I wish I would of stuck to the jeans. I have gained so much weight with that stretchable elastic. To make sure everything is covered up I buy the tshirts from the mens department. I am much older than you but can give you encouragement and motivation! Add me if you would like to.
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes!! You go girls!

I did the same, no kids, but continued to only buy pants/shirts that would have give/elastic in them so as I grew, it "wasn't so bad".

Yeah until I actually had to buy a pair of fitted pants for a wedding and I saw that I was bordering on needing to go to a plus-sized store (which was mortifying for me as I still thought of myself as being athletic but never took time to look at what I had really become)

Size 16 was the biggest I vowed to EVER go and that was the last and only pair of 16's I've bought (unless I became pregnant and blew up with twins or something). Now I am a size 11, bordering on a 10 :)

Feel free to add me- MFP is my new facebook!
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, I'm on every day.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Feel free to add me, I have made many positive changes towards myself since January. It's a commitment and one that I can stick to. Bet wishes on your journey.
  • blakerb29
    blakerb29 Posts: 74
    Options
    Good luck, you have made a good choice, maybe even change your life and sure your husband will be happy with the results too!

-Blake
  • shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Options
    You go girl!
    You can add me too. Been back on MFP for 2 week s now and already seeing positive changes.
    And you very not wrong the community is great :)
  • Saraln
    Saraln Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well aware is half there! You've past the first step of deciding to make a change :) Feel free to add me as well, we're all in the same boat!