Lose the belly!

Options
I haven't posted ever before, so: hi hi!

I started off strong at the start of the summer, then hit a road bump with vacation and busy work schedules but am now back with my game face on.

I really want to see my belly though go away as soon as possible first, if possible! I've been doing different sets of crunches in the morning for about 20min or so and am thinking maybe if I do it again during the day can't hurt - but do you guys have any specific workouts that got good results or you'd recommend?

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Cardio works!
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    No such thing as spot reducing, sorry. You'll lose your belly fat at the same rate no matter if you're doing 1000 crunches a day (except for the increase in calories burned). Your tummy will lose fat at the same rate as the rest of your body. All those crunches will do is strengthen and tone the abdominals UNDER your "extra layers". So when you lose those layers, it will look awesome, but you'll only be able to tell when the fat is reduced. So, my recommendation is cardio, cardio, cardio, and stick to your calories.

Sorry :(
  • scubatahiti
    scubatahiti Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The fat will come off in layers and most men have many layers in the belly area. You will see ripped arms and legs before the belly. They will show last.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Agreed, you have to get your overall body fat percentage down before the abs will start to show through. You have to be more persistent than the belly fat. As far as programs go, I really love the P90X program. It may take longer than a round depending on how much you have to lose, but it is a well rounded program that is pretty much just basic, good hard work. You can check it out here: https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=166783&Cat=

Also, abs are made in the kitchen. Watch what you eat. Track your sodium and get plenty of water.
  • davidh53
    davidh53 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Interesting, summerblunden. I hadn't considered that but what you said makes sense. Good to know that I'm on the right track with the cardio though I would like to add strength exercises gradually.
  • davidh53
    davidh53 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Agreed, you have to get your overall body fat percentage down before the abs will start to show through. You have to be more persistent than the belly fat. As far as programs go, I really love the P90X program. It may take longer than a round depending on how much you have to lose, but it is a well rounded program that is pretty much just basic, good hard work. You can check it out here: https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=166783&Cat=

Also, abs are made in the kitchen. Watch what you eat. Track your sodium and get plenty of water.

I'm new and as I said in a post, I can't believe how much sodium I consume that I never was aware of.