I want to lose 1 stone, any advice?

Options
I'm 15 and i'm trying to lose 15-20 lb in 2 months. I aim to do 40 mins of cardio each day, strength training 3 times a week, ab work every day and squats every day.

I will eat:
Breakfast:
1 bowl of shreddies with semi skimmed milk

Snack:
1 apple (or other piece of fruit)

Lunch:
A salad
2 pieces of fruit

Dinner:
A carb based meal with meat (most likely chicken breast)

As for drinks i will have no added sugar squash or water and no sugar lemonade on the odd occasion.

Will i be able to lose 15-20lb?

I am around 5'5 and 152 lbs :/

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    probably 8-10lb would be about right.

you should calculate your TDEE and then minus 20%.

just fill in your details, once you get the maintenance number times it by .80 and thats your intake.

http://physiquelore.com/harris-benedict/

id say 20lb would be hard in 2 months. its better to be healthy and loose at a steady pace.
  • nikilis
    Options
    I did the calculation and the magic number is 1333.

you will need to log your exercise and eat back 1/2 to 2/3 of the extra calories.

also your 15. be careful. don't mess up your body. your still growing. ok!?!

EDIT: you may need to eat more because you are a teenager.
  • phoebes97
    phoebes97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank youuuu :) I think i'm just going to loosely keep track of my calories and just eat healthily :)
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi,

One thing that I would recommend to anybody, no matter their age, is being patient. You're making a lot of changes right now, and I think you'll be very happy with your progress if you focus on sticking to those changes and making them a part of your life. 2 months is actually a pretty short period of time for a goal like yours; other than just keeping general tabs on how you're doing, I don't think you should get too caught up in scale weight right now. If you were to "only" lose 6 pounds in that period of time, that's still great progress, and doesn't even take into account how much improvement you're getting from a healthier diet and exercise.

There's a quote that's been really motivating to me lately "People overestimate what they can achieve in an month and underestimate what they can do in a year". Right now, I think you'll be happiest a year from now if you find ways to make everything you're doing a part of who you are, in a livable, comfortable way. Eat healthy, don't get too hungry, get your exercise, and you'll see great results!

Aaron
  • phoebes97
    phoebes97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks Aaron, i like that quote :) I'm gonna write it somewhere :)
    Phoebe
  • nikilis
    Options
    You're making a lot of changes right now, and I think you'll be very happy with your progress if you focus on sticking to those changes and making them a part of your life.

yah, the making a change you can stick with is important. don't restrict yourself too much, and don't sweat it if progress is slower than you like, if you don't give up it will happen.

also your TDEE - 20% is actually 1460. 1333 is like TDEE (your calories to maintain you weight) minus 28%.

so you can choose a number between the two depending on how you find it.
    :)