Success Stories with Paleo Diet?? plz share.

Options
slimtoneneetz
slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
I dont know how i will survive or rather control myself from eating other processessed foods. i would love to hear success stories so that i get motivated. And have kept their weight off too :-)

Replies

• anodyness
    anodyness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been paleo for about a year and have lost over 30 pounds. I feel more alert, more aware of my body and how it feels, and more confident knowing that it's a lifestyle I can sustain.

For a facial comparison:

y45fb6g.png

If you ever want tips, advice, encouragement, feel free to add me! :) i love connecting with others who live paleo.
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    U look great!! Honestly i like the old pic too..:-)
  • anodyness
    anodyness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Honestly, I would suggest this lifestyle to everyone. Once you get fully embedded in it, and once the weight starts dropping, you'll likely stop craving those processed foods as much as you think you might. I was a carb addict before going grain free; these days, the thought of going out for pizza or stuffing my face with mac n cheese disgusts me.
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I haven't really done Paleo completely (I still eat 100% natural peanut butter, as well as oatmeal and rice on occasion), but I have cut out dairy, processed food, sugar, wheat, and most grains, and in 6 weeks, along with lifting, I have lost 13 pounds and lots of inches. I just posted progress pics on this forum, actually. I'd say go for it. After the first few days, you stop craving the crappy, processed foods. Just make sure you make a plan for preparing meals - you will definitely spend more time cooking/preparing meals.
  • Homeschoolingmommy
    Homeschoolingmommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been Paleo/Primal (I still eat some high quality dairy) since Febuary 2013 and I have lost 30lbs and I feel so incredible. I was very affraid at first that I wouldn't be able to fight the cravings. If you stay strong and don't give in for that first week, it will get easier and easier and you will eventually not have the cravings anymore. I didn't even realize how addicted I was to sugar and crap food until I wasn't anymore. I even went for icecream with my kids and had it in my hands and didn't take one little bite! I NEVER would have been able to do that before! It's amazing how much you change. I have no intention on going back to my old SAD way of eating, not even through my next pregnancy, which I am hoping for soon :) Good luck! It's worth it!!!
  • Touchdown73
    Touchdown73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85+ since switching to Paleo/Primal last June.

It's been a great change for me. Good luck!
  • lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who does Paleo and she's done very well with it. I'm not that well versed but I have pondered adapting paleo habits into my eating. Unfortunately, I think my husband might have some complaints about such a dietary change, since I do most of the cooking! haha. :laugh:

I'd love some pointers from you guys if you have some, at least with a transition. Maybe my husband will even agree and adjust nicely if we can do it in increments. Unfortunately, he won't give up pizza ;:wink:
  • linalovekitty
    linalovekitty Posts: 187
    Options
    my husband lives a paleo-inspired lifestyle and went from 255lbs down to 192 & is still losing beyond goal.

the first 30lbs came off quickly, the rest was slow & steady

he did not workout until he reached 200lbs, then he increased his calories & started yoga 4x/weel and heavy lifting.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Paleo for a little over a month. I lost a few pounds, but not a lot (I didn't have a lot to lose anyway). Major differences have been: 1. More energy (after the initial sluggish 7-10 days) 2. Sleep like a rock. Ahhhhh. So relaxed at night. 3. Focus has been better. 4. I have definition in my abdomen that I haven't ever had before in my life. 5. Even though I haven't really lost weight, I dropped sizes. I fit into jeans I haven't fit into in over a year.

I slipped back into old habits this past week plus. I feel tired, sick, in a haze. I knew that this was coming, I planned for it, but the after effects of eating foods this holiday that is all jacked up in chemicals, I don't think I will make as many exceptions any more.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who does Paleo and she's done very well with it. I'm not that well versed but I have pondered adapting paleo habits into my eating. Unfortunately, I think my husband might have some complaints about such a dietary change, since I do most of the cooking! haha. :laugh:

I'd love some pointers from you guys if you have some, at least with a transition. Maybe my husband will even agree and adjust nicely if we can do it in increments. Unfortunately, he won't give up pizza ;:wink:

Check out Paleo recipes online... paleomg.com is a good place to start. I just don't tell people I am cooking a Paleo meal and most don't even notice there is a difference.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I posted my full story on my blog here: http://huntandgatherblog.com/about/

Basically, lost 70 lbs, massive improvements in digestive health, mental health, skin problems.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 22 lbs since Jan 1 doing Paleo/Primal and just walking and I feel so much better phsically. I dont hurt, dont have the constant headaches etc. Everything they say about body inflamation seems to be true, thats why I switched.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    I haven't been on this diet long, but it was one of the only things that has helped me to start losing weight (that and treating my thyroid problem). So far 8 lbs in 3 months. It's not a huge amount, but I'll take it! I think I have lost more inches than pounds though (can fit into my old work slacks again). The other things I've noticed are that I have less headaches and my joints don't hurt, like before. At first it was hard- I didn't want to let go of my peanut butter toast for breakfast and a few other things. Once I got all of that out of my system though, I felt so much better. If I cheat, I feel it the next day, so it gets me right back on track.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Paleo is a very healthy way to go if you can actually manage it. It is far too restrictive for my tastes, so I do not try to fool myself into thinking I could pull it off. Keep in mind, it is really a lifestyle choice, not a "diet" in the action verb sense. People who have sustained success with it make it their lifestyle.

Like I said, a very, very healthy way to go...but very much a restrictive lifestyle.
  • lechatbeige
    Options
    This is not my story but the story of my friend Chris.

He lost 30 lbs with the Paleo diet and was "cured" from diabetes as he doesn't need his meds anymore.

http://castlesandvines.blogspot.ca/2013/06/how-my-friend-chris-got-cured-from.html

I'm so proud of him! He and I hope that this story can motivate other people as well to try the Paleo diet.
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    "A 2011 ranking by U.S. News & World Report, involving a panel of 22 experts, ranked the Paleo diet lowest of the 20 diets evaluated based on factors including health, weight-loss and ease of following. These results were repeated in the 2012 survey, in which the diet tied with the Dukan diet for the lowest ranking out of 25 diets; U.S. News & World Report stated that their experts "took issue with the diet on every measure"."

- Wikipedia
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I did it for 3 months along with crossfit and dropped 42 pounds over a 6 month period.

Now i'm having digestive issues again and wondering if I should go back on it. I remember having more energy and feeling great, the best I have ever felt. I've done a bunch of testing with my health insurance and they say nothing is wrong. Thinking paleo would help it, since there's no dairy and no gluten (gluten i am negative in testing anyways).

I know many people that have had great success with it.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    "A 2011 ranking by U.S. News & World Report, involving a panel of 22 experts, ranked the Paleo diet lowest of the 20 diets evaluated based on factors including health, weight-loss and ease of following. These results were repeated in the 2012 survey, in which the diet tied with the Dukan diet for the lowest ranking out of 25 diets; U.S. News & World Report stated that their experts "took issue with the diet on every measure"."

- Wikipedia

There are many industries threatened by the public changing to a diet NOT based on processed foods. Follow the money. (Those experts; what industry ties did each have? Did ya think to explore that? Oh yeah, that info isn't in Wikipedia so it doesn't exist. smh)

I love when I see silly things like this. IF Paleo is treated like a diet and is only a temporary measure, then yes, it's a fail. As a lifestyle, it's far above everything else at least in the urban areas of developed countries. Unless you can share something logical that shows that unprocessed food is so much more unhealthy than foods that come in a package, then I think your quote is laughable. Just because something is not supported by the "experts" (yet) doesn't mean that the experiences of people who are actually LIVING this lifestyle are invalid.

Time to put some value on personal experience. The Paleo lifestyle is far superior in terms of health and weight loss (I'm talking total, not speed of loss). Ease of following? Depends on the person. I have met many people that have difficulty understanding much of anything about food. Interestingly, those of us following this supposed "fad" are usually very knowledgable about nutrition and the food we eat. There isn't any Paleo person that I know that says they eat perfectly Paleo 100% of the time. They don't have to. A healthy diet MOST of the time is all that is needed. (I am NOT Paleo, but my lifestyle shares many similarities.)

I tire of people speaking against something that they have NO experience with.
  • henrymedwards
    Options
    I have been on this new lifestyle for 2 years and the results were amazing. Not only that I've lost about 60 pounds and maintained, but my health improved significantly.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm not strict paleo but follow the perfect health diet which is pretty similar. I cannot begin to explain the health benefits of this type of eating. I feel so much better. I follow a moderate protein, low carb version, and once you get into it you will feel much better. I've maintained a 50 lb weight loss with this type of diet with no hunger and improved health and not counted calories. I'm only counting now to keep track of carbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!