C25K Week 3s

Options
Oh boy! Today I did W3D1 and it is the first time I've thought I was insane for attempting this. So far it's been challenging, but well within my ability. Today I had to break up 2 run segments and walk for a bit in the middle. Although, I did end up going about .25 mile further than I have in previous sessions.

On another note. Are any of you doing this ADD? I have never been officially diagnosed, but I have all the signs. The intervals in the past few weeks were enough to keep me busy, but now I'm worried I'll get bored running longer segments.

L

Replies

• debwilson
    debwilson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Last night I also finished W3D1. Are you listening to music as you run? I couldn't do it without my Ipod!!! One of my daughter is a long distance runner and she doesn't use her Ipod. I think she said they can't in marathons, so she just uses the time she runs to meditate. She also said it gives her time to mentally go over in her head with problems she has at work and to sometimes work those things out!!!

I have started training on a high school track so I can keep track of the distance I am going easier. DON'T GIVE UP YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • adunkin22
    adunkin22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i totally understand! i'm doing C25K also. I just finished week 3 and i think i'm going to repeat the week again. it was intense, but i felt so great after!
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    I missed out on Week 2, Day 3 due to vacation and work stuff. I'm going to do it today...and perhaps begin Week 3 Tuesday or Wednesday!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Last night I also finished W3D1. Are you listening to music as you run? I couldn't do it without my Ipod!!! One of my daughter is a long distance runner and she doesn't use her Ipod. I think she said they can't in marathons, so she just uses the time she runs to meditate. She also said it gives her time to mentally go over in her head with problems she has at work and to sometimes work those things out!!!

I have started training on a high school track so I can keep track of the distance I am going easier. DON'T GIVE UP YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I have been using the PodRunner podcasts, and love them. I've also spent part of the morning looking at mapmyrun.com trying to come up with some alternative routes to keep things interesting.

L