I consume horrible amounts of foods and liquids...

Options
It is trully horrible. I am back on “diet” every single morning and yet I have gained back those 10lbs that I lost 2 months ago.
I seem to be able to consume tragical amounts of foods and liquids.

Now it is 3pm in the UK and I in addition from my food, I had:
4 bottles x 750m of water
1 litre of sparkling sweetened water
1 litre of almond milk
4-5 cups of green tea
I do not have underlying health issues and I am not genuinely thirsty.
I just like having my heavy/full stomach. There is no STOP in my mind. It is never enough.

I have lost the same 10lbs for many times. 2 months ago I have started low-carbing which is great because I love all low-carb foods, but I found that I still eat way too much – I am never satiated.

I have tried “hypno-banding” on Youtube, I have read that people swear by its success, but it does not have any effect on me whatsoever.

I feel like I am damaged and trapped in my body forever.

Please help! Or do I need to go straight to a phychologist?

Replies

• TheWanderingLemon
    TheWanderingLemon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm truly sorry you're suffering. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I'm the best person to give advice. I just wanted you to know that I drink massive amounts of liquids as well. They're mostly regulated to unsweetened tea and water. I like the "full" feeling as well and it helps that it sometimes your body thinks it's hungry when it's really only thirsty.

You can friend me if you want. I'm doing a Paleo-ish program and am always around for support.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Having lots of water isn't going to affect your amount of fat. You may want to cut down or cut out liquids with calories but other than that, having lots of liquids isn't going to really hurt your weight loss. For food, try portioning out your meals and snacks before hand and you may be less likely to over eat.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at it as a "diet." You need to change the way you think about your food and drink and the way your stomach feels. Start logging everything you eat and drink and stay within your correct calorie range. Plan the coming week's meals and snacks and ONLY have that amount of food available to yourself (get rid of everything else in your house and don't carry any money or credit / debit cards when you go out so you can't buy anything).

If you can't do this on your own, either join a support group like Overeater's Anonymous or seek professional counseling. There's a root reason that you do this and you need to figure out why so you can address it.
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    I didn't start seeing serious losses in weight until I started logging my caloric intake paired with working out. It caused me to really look at what I'm putting into myself and spend my calories much more wisely. Log EVERYTHING and figure out a way to control the urge to fill up the plate/bowl again if you can't afford it calorie-wise.

I think Bob Harper is something of a nut job but a recommendation of his is to not drink your calories. Not saying it as a rule (I sometimes drink sweetened teas, chocolate milk and orange juice... I CAN'T do water ALL the time!!) but just something to keep in mind.
  • AJL437
    AJL437 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me was that it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to signal to your mind that you are full. Eat a reasonable portion and then wait to see what happens. Also - just replace your non-water drinks with water and high water fruits like watermelon or lettuce. I eat a lot of lettuce.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of fasting but I think you might benefit from trying some short fasts. Get yourself used to the fact that you don't need to feel "full" all the time. It's not a physical barrier, it's a mental one and you aren't going to break the bad habits until you come to terms with it.
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    water retention? hehe i dunno!