Sugar ADDICTION

Options
Kushy8
Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
Hello all!
I'm new to this site and like everything I've seen so far.

I am ridiculously addicted to sugar. I don't mean I just really like it; I am addicted to it as one would be addicted to crack or heroin.

Anyone else who is battling this addiction, do you have any tips for dealing with this destructive addiction?

Replies

• emilysmallfry93
    Options
    Hi there,

i too find it really hard to give up my sweet treats. i am constantly finding myself reach for the biscuit tin. research has shown that when you're craving sugar, what your body actually craves is magnesium. sugar will make you lathargic, so try to eat foods like nuts, seeds and wholegrain, which will boost your energy levels.

Also, ask yourself "am i really hungry?" Are you just bored or thirsty?
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm new to this site and like everything I've seen so far.

I am ridiculously addicted to sugar. I don't mean I just really like it; I am addicted to it as one would be addicted to crack or heroin.

Anyone else who is battling this addiction, do you have any tips for dealing with this destructive addiction?

I have same problem. Only cure is to cut them out completely. Any taste or moderation of sweets I cannot do. One taste and all in. After a few weeks of no simple sugars and no artificial sweeteners, foods start tasting sweet and the sugar cravings go away.
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    I like sugar just as much as the next guy.

My advice would not be to eliminate it entirely; eliminating entire foods out of your diet will set you on the fast track to failure. Instead, I like to have a little bit of chocolate (or other form of sugar every day).

For example, this week at the grocery store I bought a bag of "Fun Size" Snickers. I pack one with my lunch every day; that way, I won't be depriving myself.
  • oneblumsy
    oneblumsy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here. Sugars and any other snacks available. Hense - no weight lost.
  • ammymickens
    Options
    Take 1000 mg of the amino acid glutamine every 4-6 hours (or as needed). This will trick your body into thinking its getting glucose, which will curb the desire for sugar. You can use this addiction forum http://forum.internationaldrugmart.com/addiction-recovery-f27/ to discuss more about your sugar addiction.