Once you go _ _ _ _ _, you never go back...

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
Paleo is the correct response here... I let up on my paleo ways over memorial day weekend. Went camping and pretty much ate whatever I wanted from the SAD way of eating.. grains, pasta, sugars etc. Man did I pay for that on Monday. Spent a good portion of the afternoon close to a toilet. My body just wont handle that crap anymore...........thankfully!!! GROK ON Paleo/Primal People!!!!!!!:noway:

Replies

• viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    I think it's great when we feed our bodies the fuel they should receive, they then protest when we feed them rubbish! I binged on cakes, biscuits and bread not so long ago and boy did I feel physically ill. My body reacted quite violently. It has certainly put me off doing it again thank goodness!
  • AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    Options
    Same here! Woke up with a face full of acne, and I am in a wedding on the 1st!! I was so excited my acne was gone!
  • piscean6
    piscean6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can understand that feeling well. I went paleo due to a lot of food intolerance. I too woke up with acne one morning because I had some dairy. I dont miss the sugar ups and downs and the horrible stomach issues. It takes a lot of will power to stop some of the food, but in the end its just food and its not like you are starving. Food has a lot over us and for years I just let it win. No more!
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes! This weekend my fiance and I tried some pies for our wedding...SUGAR CRASHED HARD. Omg. I think we took a 3.5 hour nap on Saturday. And now all the cravings are back. Plus, my face has been really itchy all weekend!!! I never had that before! :( Glad it's a new week and I'm getting that stuff out of my system!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Paleo is the correct response here...

Oh, I thought the correct answer was "latina".

Anywho. Take a gander at this monstrosity of awesome:
    http://paleomg.com/chocolate-strawberry-donuts/

This just solved my donut dilemma.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I think your body can get used to not eating anything, if you cut it out for long enough. Having a physical reaction to a food after cutting it out for a long period isn't necessarily indicative that it's "crap". Some former vegetarians have the same problem when they reintroduce meat.
  • piscean6
    piscean6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think your body can get used to not eating anything, if you cut it out for long enough. Having a physical reaction to a food after cutting it out for a long period isn't necessarily indicative that it's "crap". Some former vegetarians have the same problem when they reintroduce meat.

I was a vegetarian for 15 years and going back to meat was easier than I thought. I went slow and it wasnt too bad. Eating junk hurt my stomach more and gluten especially.