I need MFP to become my new facebook

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyWolf66
    LadyWolf66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This may sound stupid and I'm sure the answer is pretty obvious, but how do you add friends? And on that note, if you'd like to add me, please feel free. I'm going to write an intro post in a little while and update my profile as well.

:)
  • oneblumsy
    oneblumsy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I am on FB from the time I get home to the time I go to bed. Usually eating unhealthy snacks and playing useless games.
  • soulkal
    soulkal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    MFP has definately taken over Facebook for me. I have been on MFP one week now..and haven't logged in to Facebook at all!! There is so much more positive things going on here that I don't care for FB anymore! I am sending you an add! :)
  • scling83
    scling83 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't want to replace facebook but I do need to invest less time there and more time here on MFP! Not committed enough right now, and that needs to change! How does everyone get motivated?
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree totally! I used to have FB and cancelled it a while back because it was consuming too much of my time and everything on FB was so negative. Here, I find only positive encouragement!
  • SeaSalty1
    SeaSalty1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello - I will be 40 in July and I also have over 80lbs to lose. Feel free to add me if you want. I just started using MFP today, even though I joined awhile back. I'd love to connect to some people with similar goals.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    my Fb is currently deactivated..... this website is much more interesting to me!

ANYONE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'd say i'm equally as addicted to FB as I am MFP, but MFP is more interesting :)

Always looking for supportive friends that I can give support to as well. Feel free to add me. :)
  • doxie_mom_db
    Options
    Hi!

I've been on MFP before and lost 40 lbs with ease. On that journey, I learned that the constant support of people with the same challenges is vital. I couldn't have done it without them. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I gained the weight back plus some--dang it! :explode:

I looking to build a support team (just like you) that will help cheer me on when I need a boost, give me an ear to vent to, and friends to celebrate my victories with. I promise to do the same for you!

Let's do this together. We can do it! flowerforyou

Just send me a friend request if you are interested.
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm on both fairly equally.
    I have people that I love on Facebook and people I love here on MFP.
    I get more support health wise here.
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    MFP is my new facebook and I agree that FB diverts attention from your goals. Its like a pseudo-world where everyone is trying to project their best image many a times, unlike MFP which is very real and everyone accepts that they are humble, susceptible to weight gain and need to do lot of hard work to achieve their goals...
    I'm not saying FB is fake, I am there too, its just that somehow, all photos, statuses updated here, the support of MFP friends (who by the way are mostly your online friends) is very genuine. Compare this with FB and you know what I mean...

^^This! Totally! It is not look at all the cool things I'm doing on my flash holidays, MFP is look at the crap I ate and help me stop. Look at all the hard work I've done and cheer my success and I'll do the same for you. MFP is my new FB :)
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    MFB has become my new FB now that I use it all the time. With the amount of daily support you receive from friends, daily logging and interesting topics in the community forums which I actually learn from, I find that I'm now on this app all the time and I'm barely on fb at all now. The only other reason I still use it is for my teammates group posts. I also have 120 lbs to lose and now find that any time spent on fb could be spent working out instead.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I came here because my Facebook friends would post rude comments about not caring if their friends went to the gym, worked out, lost weight etc. The way I see it they are probably jealous of positive changes I'm making for myself. Everyone here is in my corner and there's so many inspiring people who I have more in common with. I love the friendships I have made on MFP :-)
  • sierrajordon
    sierrajordon Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    amen!
  • journey2onederland
    journey2onederland Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree----I have a facebook page that focuses on my journey to a healthier lifestyle so I find that helps but i'm also looking for local people to meet up with to work out with. Feel free to add me and to check out my page on FB----journey2onederland