Gaining weight, help?

Options
I've been doing this for two weeks now (not a long time I know) I started off losing 4lb but now I'm heavier than when I started? I don't go over my calorie limit or too far under, never let myself go hungry, I'm eating more healthy food (fruit&vege) than I ever have in my life, I don't cook anything with oil, I don't eat bread or butter anymore (rivita instead) or drink any fizzy drinks except Pepsi max and I've recently started doing light exorcise (like mountain walks) . I'vecompletely changed my diet and I'm at a loss, please help.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Your body can have natural body weight fluctuations of 3-5 Lbs day to day...most likely it is water weight fluctuations. This is math and science...if you eat at a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. You just need to make sure you're logging properly and weighing and measuring your portions to be as accurate as possible. You likely need to take a much longer view of this and look at progress over a much longer period of time.

Also, how many calories are you netting per day? Also, I recommend cooking with some good olive oil on a regular basis...you need healthy fats like that...about 20-30% or your diet should be healthy fats. These fats help prevent heart disease and also allow your body to absorb nutrition better among other things.
  • Amph3tamine
    Options
    Umm I don't really understand netting and deficit... But I'll attach a link of a print screen of the last week of my diary. I never leave anything out, I always have my phone by my side so I log as I eat usually. Thanks for your help!

http://i43.tinypic.com/n6onxs.png
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Better question: why is your screen name amphetamine?
  • dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
  • Amph3tamine
    Options
    My screen name is Amph3tamine because I really like the word... I used it for an account years ago and stuck with it so I always remember my username. It has nothing to do with the drug... or I'd have no trouble losing weight! Haha.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    If there was a way for you to eat much more food than you are currently eating, AND you would actually LOSE weight....would you do it?
  • Amph3tamine
    Options
    Okay I didn't actually realise I was eating so much under until I saw them all there... So I should just eat more?
  • tmblastquads
    Options
    omg that's really crazy, going on a day with just 700 calories?
    Why are you starving yourself? You might lose weight in the short run, but I guarantee you that you will not able to keep this up, and you will stop dieting, and gain everything back.

I think you need to stop worrying about calories, and just track your macronutrient intake.
    I don't know your body composition, but Maybe you could do something like

40 grams fat, 100 gram protein, and maybe 150 grams of carbs.
    If you aren't losing weight, you can increase your activity level, rather than cutting down on food.
    If you are losing more than 2lb a week, whatever you are doing will be very difficult to maintain in the long run.
    Slow gradual progress. Good luck
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Okay I didn't actually realise I was eating so much under until I saw them all there... So I should just eat more?

I would suggest that you go to this site and make the calculations and then ACTUALLY EAT according to the recommendation.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

You don't have to eat so little to lose weight. And, as you've seen, eating so little can be counterproductive to your weight loss and health goals. The reality is that you CAN eat much more than you are AND still actually LOSE weight. Also, (and this is equally important) PREPARE YOURSELF TO BE VERY PATIENT. Just keep doing the right thing and being patient and eventually you will see results. Best of luck!
  • Amph3tamine
    Options
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to start eating more & exorcising more. I wasn't letting myself go hungry or starving at all, I think that's probably why I didn't realise. Thanks a lot for the help! :)