Halfway Through Insanity (Pics)

Options

Replies

• brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just started Month 2 this week. I'm on Day 38. I'm on my 2nd day off due to a sore knee. I'm taking the three day weekend off then hopefully getting back into it.
  • hawley_21
    hawley_21 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck to all of you doing Insanity too and thanks, everyone! I had to take a few days off too because of a stupid sinus and ear infection that kept coming back. Nothing is stopping me now though! lol I'm going to start Turbofire after this, I can't wait!
  • NirvaniTeasley
    NirvaniTeasley Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow Hawley! It's stories like yours that are soooo inspiring!! Thank you for sharing with us!!
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. That is great. I am starting Insanity in a week. I am on day 83 of P90X. I am looking forward to Shaun T and Insanity.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Month 2 is a whole other level compared to the first. My advice would be to take it slow at first. I went at it really intense and I'm paying for it now. I suggest doing your fit test and the first day separately.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Congrats and keep it up!
  • presidentori
    presidentori Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck to all of you doing Insanity too and thanks, everyone! I had to take a few days off too because of a stupid sinus and ear infection that kept coming back. Nothing is stopping me now though! lol I'm going to start Turbofire after this, I can't wait!

Your results are so incredible! If a stranger is proud of you, think of how much impact you've made on yourself! Girl, I just started Day 1 of Insanity today! It is kicking my butt and my calfs are sore, but I will continue on! I want to hear all about this. What was your progress like throughout it so far? How did it feel? What did you learn? Will you give this newbie some advice?! :bigsmile:
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are amazing!! :blushing:
    My husband and I tried Insanity. We did the Fit Test which we sucked miserably at and then did the day 1 workout and gave up. It's sooooooo hard. We restarted about three times, giving up each time. :grumble:
    How much weight (as in pounds on the scale) did you lose doing Insanity?
    From what I have been reading/hearing, the scale doesn't move as much as your body changes. Just curious.

Keep up the AMAZING work!!!!
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    Awesome job. That is great. I am starting Insanity in a week. I am on day 83 of P90X. I am looking forward to Shaun T and Insanity.

My advice is -- remember that the coach is just a picture on the TV. He can't really see what you're doing. If the workout is too intense for you, you can put the DVD on pause, take a break, or even decide the program isn't for you and try a different program instead. .
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations you look fantastic! I'm on week 4 and am already happy with the results i'm seeing, I hope mine are as good as yours by the end of it. Did you lose much scale weight in the first month? I dropped an initial 4 lbs. the first week but nothing since. I read you're eating 2,000 calories, i've been keeping mine at 1200-1500 I'm thinking it might need to be upped.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Awesome job!
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You really can tell! WTG!
  • hawley_21
    Options
    Thank you all!! this is only the first month!! lol I'm just now starting Month 2 so I will update again at the end!! =) Down 5 pounds so far since Day 1!
  • hawley_21
    Options
    Month 2 is a whole other level compared to the first. My advice would be to take it slow at first. I went at it really intense and I'm paying for it now. I suggest doing your fit test and the first day separately.

Thanks!! I think I may do that...had to skip a day this weekend since we were gone but I finished up Week 5 last night and am doing my Fit Test today. I was nervous about cramming all that in one so I think I'll take your advice. I will definitely have to ease into it...just the 35-40 minute workouts are hard for me so I can't imagine what Month 2 will be like!!
  • hawley_21
    Options
    Wow congratulations you look fantastic! I'm on week 4 and am already happy with the results i'm seeing, I hope mine are as good as yours by the end of it. Did you lose much scale weight in the first month? I dropped an initial 4 lbs. the first week but nothing since. I read you're eating 2,000 calories, i've been keeping mine at 1200-1500 I'm thinking it might need to be upped.
    Thank you!! =) I'm just now starting week 6 actually! This was just my results from the first month!! =) And yes, I would definitely up your calorie intake. Mine just depends on how much I'm burning and how hungry I am...I don't really limit myself, just try to focus on making healthy choices and not overeating. Just don't let your body go hungry or else you'll have a heck of a time burning fat and building muscle!! ;)
  • hawley_21
    Options
    Wow!! You are amazing!! :blushing:
    My husband and I tried Insanity. We did the Fit Test which we sucked miserably at and then did the day 1 workout and gave up. It's sooooooo hard. We restarted about three times, giving up each time. :grumble:
    How much weight (as in pounds on the scale) did you lose doing Insanity?
    From what I have been reading/hearing, the scale doesn't move as much as your body changes. Just curious.

Keep up the AMAZING work!!!!

Thank you!! My hubby started with me too but only made it a couple days! ;) I swear after the first week it gets more tolerable...still rough but your body gets used to being pushed. It's all mind over matter, I definitely didn't want to keep going but I'm glad I did!!! =)
  • hawley_21
    Options

Your results are so incredible! If a stranger is proud of you, think of how much impact you've made on yourself! Girl, I just started Day 1 of Insanity today! It is kicking my butt and my calfs are sore, but I will continue on! I want to hear all about this. What was your progress like throughout it so far? How did it feel? What did you learn? Will you give this newbie some advice?! :bigsmile:

So far, my progress has been awesome! I'm just now starting Week 6 and I feel amazing. I have so much energy and I'm feeling a lot stronger. My Fit Test results have improved drastically. I'm enjoying the workouts a lot even though they're tough and I've learned that I loooove cardio!! =) My only advice is to not give up! Push through, even if you have to jog in place or modify some moves. There are times where I don't give it my all but I still burn a ton of calories. I definitely recommend getting a heart rate monitor and be sure to stretch and drink looots of water!!!
  • stellaelise
    stellaelise Posts: 26
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up. You look good.
  • orchid5155
    orchid5155 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! You are so inspiring, keep up the great work.