And the beer gets me... every time....

Options
fishsticks913
fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
Ha.... so I started drinking Redd's Apple beer and I love it..... but at 210 calories a bottle.... ouch. So I tried Michelob's new Apple beer and it is less calories... but not as much on the taste....
Why or why does something that has fruit in it have to have so many calories???

Replies

• mannus707
    mannus707 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hear you. have you tried some of the ciders? woodchuck.has one around 160 cal.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Ha.... so I started drinking Redd's Apple beer and I love it..... but at 210 calories a bottle.... ouch. So I tried Michelob's new Apple beer and it is less calories... but not as much on the taste....
    Why or why does something that has fruit in it have to have so many calories???

Ya my "cheat" days have consisted of too much beer. And I've been sticking with the lower cal "summer beers" as I call them.

New goals set for the next 5 weeks are going to prevent me from having any though.:mad:
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I didnt think the new one from Michelob Ultra has more than 120....so I bought some. We will how it pans out. I do love me some apple beer...and dont get a headache from it at all.. which is nice, but that doesnt limit the "intake" lol
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Fruit flavorings add calories to the beer.

As it's essentially just extract it's a fair bit of calories.

But I would rather drink less and have quality alcohol then drink a bunch of s***t I can't stand.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Fruit flavorings add calories to the beer.

As it's essentially just extract it's a fair bit of calories.

But I would rather drink less and have quality alcohol then drink a bunch of s***t I can't stand.

What defines quality when it comes to beer?

Even micro brewers will tell you that the quality produced by a large brewer is amazing.

I think that a ton of "craft" beers are pure dog crap. (but will admit the best beer I've EVER had by a large margin was a very small batch brew sold at a couple shops in Traverse City MI)
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I know it isn't beer, but I use water MIO, and vodka. I would do great during the week and the weekend would come along and Id drink beer and felt I yoyo'd back and forth....

Since I started just drinking water with like a shot of vodka, with however much flavor (because its 0 calories) im staying at my weight come Monday :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot about that beer; I need to try it.
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    A pint is like 400 calories, and 25grams of fat, I did read it's not the alcohol that puts on the fat it's what you eat while you're drinking as your body stores it as fat, hence why I avoid alcohol, drink on special occasions only.
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to love beer. I was a home brewer for many years. Due to health reasons I needed to give it up, and other alcohol too. Since that time, I've dropped 15lbs, It's been only a bit over 60 days! I knew I was drinking in some calories but...wow.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I solved my problem by just drinking liquor. I haven't found a low cal beer I really like
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    A pint is like 400 calories, and 25grams of fat, I did read it's not the alcohol that puts on the fat it's what you eat while you're drinking as your body stores it as fat, hence why I avoid alcohol, drink on special occasions only.
    I used to be a huge binge eater when I drank, but of course I smoked too so I'd get the munchies : (
  • Just_Alyssa
    Just_Alyssa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hear you. have you tried some of the ciders? woodchuck.has one around 160 cal.

^^This.

Or this is a good motto:
    irunforbeerbutton.jpg
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Beer in any of its forms gets me all of the time! :drinker:

I often admit that if it weren't for beer, my fitness and eating habits would be much simpler. Heck, this beer belly of mine would probably shrink without too much effort!
  • delfonzo2000
    delfonzo2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

There's no fat in beer.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love beer. But I've learned I slowly need to cut it down..
    So I'm trying to stick to liqour and diet drinks.
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! It is definitely my weekend weakness. Mikes hard hard apple cider... yummy!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I thought Black beers were supposed to have less cals. I love Guiness and other stouts. Not sure if they are as low as I thought, though. According to this site, still under 200 cals for 12oz: http://www.beer100.com/beercaloriesimports.htm