New Diet and trying very hard

Options
I need to lose at least a stone, the weight i have gained is due to a major illness 5 years ago, major op followed by chemo therapy and 5 years of check ups,
it has been a worrying time, i lost 2 stone in weight during my illness, but during my progress back to good health i have put that back on plus an extra stone, Our daughter is getting married in August and i would like to lose a bit of weight, so i need all the encouragement i can get please, would anyone like to add me as a weight loss friend, :-) it is so very hard to lose weight when the weather is so cold, i think you tend to eat more, but i am trying, 9 weeks to go before the wedding, so even if i manage 1 pound a week it will be a bonus for me,:smile:

Replies

• greenmm1980
    greenmm1980 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Dont think of it as a diet. That word should be added to the list of other 4 letter words that shouldnt be used. You are making a decision to choose better options for yourself and in turn the results will be better health and a smaller number on the scale. You can do it. Dont let your thoughts or excuses tell you that you cant!
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Dont think of it as a diet. That word should be added to the list of other 4 letter words that shouldnt be used. You are making a decision to choose better options for yourself and in turn the results will be better health and a smaller number on the scale. You can do it. Dont let your thoughts or excuses tell you that you cant!
    I totally agree. It is a lifestyle. It is a new YOU. You will make different choices and learn new behaviors that will carry you through life. I find it much less stressful when I look at it this way than as a diet. :) Best of luck to you!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Congrats on recovering from the chemo etc. and the 5 years. I just had a lumpectomy and have radiation to look forward so I can emphasize with you. it is a scared stressful time. now is time for you to indulge yourself and get fitter. good luck with the diet. i am trying to lost weight, exercise more. Stress less, be more positive, limit alcohol and eat an anti cancer diet. It is not easy but the rewards will win out.

your daughters wedding is the incentive you need! Keep the faith
  • janepatricia2
    janepatricia2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thank you for your support, i need all the help i can get at the moment :smile:
  • barbsdag
    barbsdag Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It is not a diet, it is a conscious choice to change your eating habits. :happy: This is a positive outlook to your new experience. You are making the decision to live a healthy life by making healthy choices.
  • janepatricia2
    janepatricia2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thank you and good luck also with your treatment, I am finding it hard at the moment, because i think of all the things i have gone through the past 5 years why should i give up the foods i enjoy. But i know i must to lose the extra weight i have gained.