I'm starting again after several attempts and failing.

Options
mshopey
mshopey Posts: 125 Member
This is what i looked like when i first met my fiance, and i still can't believe it, but i thought i was fat, my whole family is a size 8, so if there was ever an argument, my weight would be the first thing mentioned. I was in college here, and everyone bullied me because of my weight. The first date i ever went on (before my fiance) told my friend he didn't want to go on a second date with me, because even if i overdosed on diet pills, i wouldn't be slim enough to be sexy. My whole life my weight has bothered and upset me.

mb0c3b.jpg

The worst thing is, i would do anything to be that size again, in 4 years i have put on 6 stone (that's 84+ pounds) that's been happy eating with my boyfriend and moving in together. My mom always portion controlled for me. And when i lived at home i had no job, so no extra money for crappy food like takeaways and things. And now we're getting married this year, and i feel disgusting. I'm hoping no takes the pee, cause we're all here for the same reason. But i am devastated that i've let it get this far, when i look at the old photos of myself, i can't believe how good i actually looked. And yet still curvy. I know i've got a long way to go to look half that good. And i would love some friends to help me on my journey. Any takers?

2z5szmh.jpg

Replies

• butterflyluv1218
    Options
    You're still beautiful. :) I'll friend request you. I'm also starting again and could use the encouragement. You can do it.
  • saiward
    saiward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First off, don't let others opinions of you define who you are. Take on new challenges, and dont' give up! It's a lifestyle change & that takes some serious work. I am starting on this journey again & know I have a long road ahead. Good luck! So very brave of you to post your feelings & photos at the beginning of your journey.
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Jackie_XOXOXO Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Dont be so down on yourself. You have decided to get back aon track and thats important. We all fall behind sometimes. Your Wedding dress is gorgeous and your Fiance loves you fo you if he has seen you transition and still around. Now just make healthier choices and as time passes you will feel and look better than you do now. Feel free to add me. You can even start my dietbet challenge where you can win money for loosing weight.. Its a great motivator and maybe a good kick start for you.. Congrats on the engagement and good luck.
  • howe2dance
    howe2dance Posts: 1
    Options
    This is my 3rd attempt as well. And I'm going through the same problem- I look back at pics from college and wonder why I let it go. I could use support and encouragement as well as I don't have any friends that struggle with this and have no idea what it is like. My husband just decided to start living healthier and that is helping A LOT! I had an issue with thinking I was depriving him since he could eat anything and not gain any weight- so I let mine go. Well no more. :) Congrats to the new day and on your engagement! I look forward to our journey!
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just echoing PPs. You are worth much more than a number on a scale. You are making an investment in the rest of your life no matter what just by taking action.

Life isn't a sprint, it's a marathon, the trick is to keep on going. If today is a bad day, tomorrow is a brand new blank slate.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    This is how i looked when i met my now hubby
    Im the one in the middle.
    224231_1058013976733_3564_n.jpg

I was a size 16 (UK) and felt fat... i mean really fat..

This is what i looked like on our honeymoon in Egypt last year. UK size 20.

376717_4572051905485_1494011664_n.jpg

Its by no means my biggest, iv been bigger.
    Im trying to get smaller than the first photo.. and i will eventually get there.

What im tryin to say is, the body constantly changes, everyones does.
    Dont beat yourself up about it.... your here to change, and if you want it hard enough... you will change again.
  • JoanneLJenkins
    Options
    Hiya everyone!
    I've read your comments and agree with everything that has been said. I am in a similar situation... been with my boyfriend two years and I have put on half a stone. I want it to stop there and I want to loose the half a stone before I go on holiday in August so that I feel confident again! I know it does not sound alot but I lack motivation and have a terrible sweet tooth! My weight doesn't come off easy. Could do with extra motivation if you don't mind me friend requesting you? x
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Oh an i forgot to add, anyone can friend request me... i dont mind :)
  • futuremrsevers
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... I felt so big in high school... but I'd kill to be that size again.

I'm getting married July 20, 2013, and my wedding dress doesn't fit right now....

I'm in full on stress/sweat for the wedding mode... I'd love the friendship.

I'll add ya!
  • Love2Salsa
    Love2Salsa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love yourself first. Stay positive...then everything will good will follow.
    Don't hide behind superficial beauty, be good to yourself because you deserve it.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I used to be 115 and I'm now in the 170's so I feel you.

Yayyyy depression.

Feel free to add!
  • Love2Salsa
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff! My best girlfriend introduced this site to me when she was preparing for her wedding. She followed through daily and looked stunning in her dress. Don't worry, you have the righ tools, just stick with it. :happy:
  • Love2Salsa
    Options
    Having a relationship can make you gain a few and loose some too. wine and dine is the culprit...when dining out just ask the waiter to please take 1/2 of your dish packed in a doggy bag before serving. You are saving yourself from consuming a large portion of the meal.

portion control.
  • Love2Salsa
    Options
    Don't ask...jump in and be a friend! Share you ups and downs. and keep it going!!!
    Don't stop until you get there!!! Don't stop!!! Don't stop even when you've reached your goal! Someone will need your support!
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
    We can all do this.
    To make us healthier and happier people.
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sucks when family brings you down. My grandmother did it for many years. I know she meant well in her heart, she just went about it the wrong way. I wish you the best!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Try not to be so down on yourself & don't worry about what others think. I know, easier said than done. You are not alone, so many of us have been there. It is why most of us are here. :) Do this for yourself, your health, your future. There is so much great support on this site, you've got this! Feel free to friend me.
  • Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First of all your first date was a total jerk!!!
    Second of all we all have same problem, we gain lots of weight during long period of time!!!!!
    This is what I hate about being a food lover! When you are happy you eat! When you are nervous you eat! When you are depress you eat! ....

But I also do believe that if we are motivated enough we can lose the weight! maybe a lot harder than the way we gained it but as old saying goes no pain no gain!!!!

I will commit my self to be the best Pal:heart:
    I will check your diary (if it is public) ,
    Make comments about your choices,
    Message you when you start getting frustrated and want to give up!!!
    Share my knowledge and experience along our journey !!!!

If you believe you can be the best Pal for me feel free to add me!!!! (Any one who wants a best friend not just a friend feel free to add me) :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • yacapraro5
    yacapraro5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've definitely gained some weight in the past few years since starting my relationship with my boyfriend. I'd love to have some friends on this journey. Its tough. And I've been struggling with keeping myself motivated to log and exercise. But I know overall I will feel so much better. Maybe not have crazy heartburn all the time. I've done weight watchers and every other diet imaginable. Weight watchers worked for me before they made fruit "free". Then once it was 0 points, I lost my game completely and all I ate was fruit (umm hello fruit has calories too!)
  • awwgereee
    awwgereee Posts: 2
    Options
    I've had ups and downs with my weight. I am trying to find a balance with eating and maintaining a healthy weight and loving my body. I would love to add you and have your support as well!!