Lower belly fat?!!

Options
How do I get rid of the lower belly "sag" What are some good exercises...Thanks!

Replies

• arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. On women especially, that's one of the last places that fat gets blasted (others being inner thighs and arms). Keep doing cardio, strength training, and EATING WELL in particular, and it'll get smaller and eventually disappear.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    unfortunaly it is the last spot to go =( eat healthy clean foods, avoid salty things (you will retain water) and workout (strength training/heaving lifting and some cardio.

it will take time, but it will go away
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and do strength training with compound lifts. You can't spot reduce, but you can encourage fat loss while retaining muscle. Squats and deadlifts in particular did a world of good for me.
  • firesoul19
    firesoul19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and went from 178 lbs to 121 lbs in 18 months after college, and still had all the trouble spots (lower belly, inner thighs, upper arms), even though I felt like skin and bones some places (collar bones, around my knees, etc). Eventually I just had to accept that that is my natural shape. I've since gained around 15 lbs back, but I feel great and no complaints from the hubby since I got some of my boobs back. ;)
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Don't worry it will go away, just not as fast as you would like it to.. Eat less salt, at a deficit, and continue with your workout.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Do you know your body fat percentage?

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

If your BFP is fairly low (for a woman, low 20's or less) and you are struggling with fat in unwanted areas, it's going to be hard to get rid of. If your BFP is higher, then just work on reducing it, and fat will come off when your body is ready.

You could also be dealing with loose skin, which may or may not shrink with time depending on your age and genetics.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You have to continue with a deficit. The fat will be "stubborn" but will eventually have to go.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Wait you didn't like the answers from the other thread so you started another one?:huh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1002038-help-lower-belly-fat

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Sadly what everyone else has said....You can't target one specific area for fat loss. Just stick with your calorie deficit.

However - while your working on that calorie deficit it certainly is not a waste of time to strengthen your core!!

Planks, planks and more planks and planks with variations does a body good.

Also compound moves are super effective - squats, lunges, dead lifts, did i mention planks. And while your at it throw some pushups, bench presses and overhead presses in the mix.

Burpees is another good exercise.

All the above will not help with fat loss (all together now...calorie deficit does that) BUT it will strengthen the core muscles which will make you look awesome once those muscles are uncovered through weight loss!
  • bfallico
    bfallico Posts: 13
    Options
    I started this one first and didnt see my post so I posted in another area =]