Need Jogging Tunes.Does ANYONE share my tastes!?

Options
So, I have had the same music on my MP3 player for years. I need new music,but all of the suggestions I get are music that I can't stand. I want upbeat, fun, and spazzy. I need some suggestions based on what I like. I am going to give a few examples of what I like,and what I don't. Please, read them before posting. I like a lot of different genres and bands,but I am very specific about the ones that I do not like.

Typical for me:
Rancid
Social Distortion
Less Than Jake
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Linkin Park
Slipknot (original albums,and a few from the newer ones)
Mindless Self Indulgence
Retard-O-Bot
MXPX
The Distillers
Chevelle
Beastie Boys
Nick Miller and The Hustle Standard
Parlor Mob
Also, old school hip hop is kinda hit and miss...if you've got something cool, suggest it.

I Do NOT Enjoy:
Dubstep
Pop
Rap
New country (it sounds like pop to me)
Boy Bands
...or anything that combines any of these.

Replies

• kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Really? Nobody? ...dang...
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Seems like you're pretty sure what kind of music you want as a playlist already.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Seems like you're pretty sure what kind of music you want as a playlist already.

I know what I want, I just need new suggestions. I'm sick of hearing the same songs over and over and over again. I provided a guideline bc people usually suggest stuff like: eminem, p**sycat dolls, lmfao, brittney spears...and stuff like that. I just don't like it,and didn't want anyone to waste their time typing up a playlist that I wouldn't be able to appreciate receiving. haha
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    So, I have had the same music on my MP3 player for years. I need new music,but all of the suggestions I get are music that I can't stand. I want upbeat, fun, and spazzy. I need some suggestions based on what I like. I am going to give a few examples of what I like,and what I don't. Please, read them before posting. I like a lot of different genres and bands,but I am very specific about the ones that I do not like.

Typical for me:
    Rancid
    Social Distortion
    Less Than Jake
    Bruce Springsteen
    Billy Joel
    Linkin Park
    Slipknot (original albums,and a few from the newer ones)
    Mindless Self Indulgence
    Retard-O-Bot
    MXPX
    The Distillers
    Chevelle
    Beastie Boys
    Nick Miller and The Hustle Standard
    Parlor Mob
    Also, old school hip hop is kinda hit and miss...if you've got something cool, suggest it.

I Do NOT Enjoy:
    Dubstep
    Pop
    Rap
    New country (it sounds like pop to me)
    Boy Bands
    ...or anything that combines any of these.

Some of my favorites:

P.O.D.
    Coheed and Cambria
    Demon Hunter
    Blindside
    Relient K
    Daughtry
    Imagnine Dragons
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Audioslave. Rage Against the Machine.

My friend swears by working out to Lamb of God, also.
  • bluethreads
    bluethreads Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    when I jog, I like to keep the music low- - so it doesn't overwhlem the natural noises around me.

Have you heard of Talvin Singh-?. Some of their songs have natural sounds in it, as well. It's a little different, but I enjoy it sometimes.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Go to ClickMix, and check their database. I made a great jogging playlist with the beat/speed I need to push myself.
    After my FitBit, I'd say that was my second best fitness purchase ever.
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Check out Pandora fitness stations. I usually set mine to 80's cardio and I'm good to go.
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Determined by Mudvayne and Warrior's Call by Volbeat really seem to help me get pumped. Actually, anything by Volbeat really. I hope that helps a bit. Good luck!
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    I use RockMyRun.com to get mixes. There's all kinds of them, you might find one that fits your music tastes.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Check out Pandora fitness stations. I usually set mine to 80's cardio and I'm good to go.

That's what I did before I found ClickMix. Worked great until I needed something faster!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    try going to http://jog.fm/ - you can choose the speed you want to run and it recommends songs with the correct beats per minute - then you can narrow it down by genre or mix and match. I'm personally a classic rock all the way kind of girl but found that my Jimi Hendrix stuff was kind of slow for me. I've found all sorts of music that I like that I might never have heard on my classic rock station by letting this site choose my play list.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Add some Clay People (Awake), Rob Zombie (Dead City Radio), ANYTHING by Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, AC/DC or Halestorm.
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    Here's couple specific suggestions:

Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner - Iron Maiden
    Party Hard - Andrew WK
    Walk - Foo Fighters
    Stronger - Kanye West
    Mr. Brightside - The Killers
    I Run for Life - Melissa Etheridge
    Never Gonna Stop - Rob Zombie

Some of those titles might sound cheesy, but they work for me. Maybe they will for you or someone else too.

And for some more general suggestions, there are SO MANY Offspring, Green Day, and Foo Fighter songs that I find great for running with. Just listen to a few samples and pick one that has a BPM or a hook that you like and give it a try.
  • Lessthanpenguins
    Lessthanpenguins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tend to workout to a lot of the same with the addition of:

Five Finger Death Punch
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Disturbed.
    Rise Against
    Breaking Benjamin
    Blackviel Brides
    Alestorm (Pirate Heavy Metal. It makes me smile)
    Flogging Molly
    Dropkick Murphys.
  • geekman
    geekman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Only a couple of songs but I always found that they had a good beat for walking, jogging to.

Body Rockers - I like the way you move
    Nine Inch nails - Deep
    Big Pig - Breakaway
  • theerachele
    theerachele Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I like some of the bands you mentioned, but share in your dislikes completely! This is my current song list I listen to while I'm running / jogging. I need to listen to music that's upbeat & keeps me moving! If you don't care for them, that's totally fine.. but figured they were worth listing!

Birdy Nam Nam - Abbesses
    IAMX - After Every Party I Die
    The Chemical Brothers - We Are The Night
    Placebo - The Bitter End
    Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
    Zammuto - F U C-3Pro
    Modest Mouse - Float On
    The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl
    The Bravery - An Honest Mistake
    Muse - Hysteria
    Ten In The Swear Jar - I Love The Valley
    Band of Horses - Is There A Ghost
    Interpol - Not Even Jail
    Nine Inch Nails - Only
    Interpol - Pace Is The Trick
    Simon Bookish - Portrait Of The Artist As a Fountain
    Xiu Xiu - Save Me
    Final Fantasy - Song Song Song
    IAMX - Spit It Out
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just posting to follow this. Love LTJ & Coheed & Cambria so I'm interested in what other people post. Haven't listened to either of them in SO long though.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Typical for me:
    Rancid/Social Distortion /Less Than Jake / try some street punk.. Crass, subhumans, exploited, or assorted Jelly beans
    Linkin Park - Check out Rasmus. They are one of those awkward bands that fit in no where, but are a gem in themselves.
    Slipknot (original albums,and a few from the newer ones)- Go with meshuggah or system of a down or something.
    Mindless Self Indulgence - If you know them, maybe check out tight if you haven't already.
    Retard-O-Bot - Maybe check out Neurosonic (suggest "so many people")
    MXPX - try slickshoes, Screw 32, and Fenix TX.
    Also, old school hip hop is kinda hit and miss...if you've got something cool, suggest it. -- Maybe check into xzibit paparazzi, or some ol slick rick. Love me some slick rick.

I understand you have an awesome eclectic taste in music, so you probably have heard of 90% of the bands I listed.. :)
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Depends on pace--but a couple of thoughts

DJ Shocker and Chani--Party Rock Anthem Sexy and I know It

AC/DC just about damn song

Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow

Rush Tom Sawyer

Iron Man

War Low Rider

Dio Hungry for Heaven(from the soundtrack Vision Quest) Also, Henley, Madonna, Red Rider, Journey from same soundtrack

Billy Squier Rock me Tonite

Soundgarden, Soundgarden, etc.

There you go!