Curiosity? I mean, it is about exercise

Options
Okay, I've been dying to ask this question. And when the one about "what do you sleep in" came up, I figured I'd go for it. Do you include sex in your exercise calories? I mean, unless your newly in-love/newly married/or both, it's not usually necessarily a daily activity like washing dishes. So does it count as an extra exercise. I'm wondering, if we thought we were doing it for our health (maybe burning a few extra calories to have that helping of ice cream later), would we be doing it more often? Just curious what anybody thought. :blushing:

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've been dying to ask this question. And when the one about "what do you sleep in" came up, I figured I'd go for it. Do you include sex in your exercise calories? I mean, unless your newly in-love/newly married/or both, it's not usually necessarily a daily activity like washing dishes. So does it count as an extra exercise. I'm wondering, if we thought we were doing it for our health (maybe burning a few extra calories to have that helping of ice cream later), would we be doing it more often? Just curious what anybody thought. :blushing:
  • grumpymoo
    grumpymoo Posts: 64
    Options
    Well, obviously we would all be doing it all the time and saving thousands of pounds of NHS money in the process!!:laugh:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I am not a newlywed, been married for 20 years-well, 15 years this July 6th--been with him for 20 years August 5th.

Surely sex is included of working off calories. I know there are times I work up a good sweat-just like when I run--ha ha! How many calories burned--don't know. (I guess it depends on how long your hubby lasts--just kidding---:laugh: ). I hope I didn't offend anybody.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well I really not one to talk about sex but beings U R really interested.
    For the average couple I don't think you burn that many calories.

From my research my wife and I burn about 2,215 calories but we are outside of the normal range.

*crosses fingers hoping no one calls him on this fabrication of the truth*
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

From my research my wife and I burn about 2,215 calories but we are outside of the normal range.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Okay, I guess the next step is to wear the heart monitor and find out how many calories, but it clashes with all my bedroom outfits.

P.S. Glad to hear the married couples are still enjoying intimate time
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I don't count anything I was doing regularly before MFP as exercise. So no shopping, no cleaning, and no sex. I was doing it before and gaining weight, so obviously it wasn't enough!

Just my 2 cents...
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options

Your funny!! :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Okay, I guess the next step is to wear the heart monitor and find out how many calories, but it clashes with all my bedroom outfits.

That could be an interesting addition! Let's see how much we can get the heart rate up!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

You can actually google it online...and yes, I have it on my cardio......lol
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Well for me I will be counting sex as being my exercise rather than part of my everyday activity because I haven't gotten any in months (since he was home for R&R in early October) and my husband and I have alot of time to make up for when he returns from Iraq in about 2 weeks but after that first month it will just be my regular activity so I won't add it as part of my exercise. I have been married 6 years been with my guy for 8 years we have 2 kids and we do the humpy dance faithfully every other day if not every day- I am quite the dude when it comes to the humpy dance-- In my house there isn't a such thing as saying I have a headache my husband will ask hours ago if i need an advil lol--
  • paul82682
    paul82682 Posts: 48
    Options
    yeah i've got it on my "cardio" list. haven't been able to log any yet but hopefully soon...
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I told my hubby I was wearing my hrm just out of curiosity!!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I don't count anything I was doing regularly before MFP as exercise. So no shopping, no cleaning, and no sex. I was doing it before and gaining weight, so obviously it wasn't enough!

Just my 2 cents...

Same here.:happy:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Does online sex count too?:wink:
    Ohhhh the possibilities......
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hrm, but sometimes when I'm looking for any excuse to eat some extra calories I'll count it based on this website:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

But that seems pretty unreliable - I mean, there has got to be such a variation in calories burned depending on how much effort you're putting into it. I'm really curious as to what people have measured on their hrms - is this website in the ballpark, or does it totally vary (of course factoring in time spent)?
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have thought about this question myself. I am gonna buy my HRM this weekend and when DH comes home next weekend I know I can convince him to let me wear it...lol. I dont add it though. Doesnt happen often enough to really count for much anyhow...:grumble:
  • abrooks77
    abrooks77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Just my 2 cents...
    I think you can count anything you are doing outside of laying still in your exercise. Because anything you do adds to your calories, so you want to make sure you're eating enough calories for that day. 1 hour of light cleaning allows you to eat 150 more calories!!!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Wait.... so you count the 5 minutes sex as exercise?

What about the 1 hour coma after that? Doesn't that kinda offset the burned calories?