Why people quit....

Options
2b50e932-e96b-49a8-96be-30ac37c65598_zps1e6a5381.jpg

Replies

• jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    thats exactly what I needed to hear today :)
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed to be reminded!!!
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I think also, that people quit because this is a 'phase' rather than 'how it is going to be for me from here on out'. I have been losing weight for almost 17 months now (67 off and still another 20 to come off!) but I have realized in these many months that I will always need to monitor my caloric intake and exercise. Forever. This is my lifestyle, my body - the only one I get. Not something I can quit. It is how it must be. Quitting is not an option.
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's all about changing your mindset! Another reason people quit - they use the words "I can't" instead of "I don't" when it comes to eating things. For example - I can't eat the donuts my co-worker brought in. Can't is like a punishment and can sometimes result in a binge.

Instead say "I don't eat donuts" and follow up with why. "I don't eat donuts because they are loaded with sugar and fat, and I'd rather have some delicious scrambled eggs/egg whites for breakfast".

:smile:
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Interesting way to look at it! I've noticed most people on here use pounds lost instead of pounds to go, and that would be in agreement with your "look at what you've accomplished".

I feel like looking at what I have left keeps me focused!

In the past, I have quit because I was seeking short term enjoyment instead of focusing on my longer-term goals, and because I didn't really believe I could do it. Now, I don't care if I believe or not, I am just going to do it, and I am keeping a better balance between short and long term.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    So true - that it exactly how I am & how I don't want to be. Change is hard.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I think also, that people quit because this is a 'phase' rather than 'how it is going to be for me from here on out'. I have been losing weight for almost 17 months now (67 off and still another 20 to come off!) but I have realized in these many months that I will always need to monitor my caloric intake and exercise. Forever. This is my lifestyle, my body - the only one I get. Not something I can quit. It is how it must be. Quitting is not an option.

^^^This!!! Very true! I've lost and gained weight...but it wasn't until I chose to make it a lifestyle that it stayed off.
  • dsbanks1
    dsbanks1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I quit because I was afraid and I didn't think I could do it. Found a quote that says, "Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow."

This is how I need to approach my weight loss and fitness goals. Took a long time to realize I didn't need the roar of the crowd, just my own voice telling me I can do it. Encouragement is good, but belief is better. If I miss my mark today, I will try again tomorrow!
  • tina82883
    tina82883 Posts: 3
    Options
    Interesting way to look at it! I've noticed most people on here use pounds lost instead of pounds to go, and that would be in agreement with your "look at what you've accomplished".

I feel like looking at what I have left keeps me focused!

In the past, I have quit because I was seeking short term enjoyment instead of focusing on my longer-term goals, and because I didn't really believe I could do it. Now, I don't care if I believe or not, I am just going to do it, and I am keeping a better balance between short and long term.

Your last statement could have come straight from my mouth lol. I am having a VERY difficult time right now because of not seeing any results so far but I've only been doing the workout for like 8 days. I have to change my mindset but its so hard!
    I'm also having serious cravings for bad foods. Like gummy bears and Chinese food. I did weight watchers and went to meetings a few years ago and I remember them saying you should never deprive yourself of something you want, you just have to do it in moderation. How do you have pork fried rice in "moderation"? I work so hard during my workouts,I don't want it to go to waste just so I can satisfy a craving....