I'm starting again after several attempts and failing.

Options
2»

Replies

• llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    AWWWWW Hun people are going to down talk about ya all the time.,.....Don't listen, it took me about 30 years to learn that, it's easier said than done I know. But it's your time to shine now, FOCUS on just you and NEVER GIVE UP, the two biggest keys to getting to where you want to be.
    Good luck to you and welcome back gorgeous!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • skinnylcs
    skinnylcs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting again and would be glad to join your journey. Perhaps we can all pull for each other :happy:
  • RoRi3
    RoRi3 Posts: 6
    Options
    That's my goal , 115
  • StitchHappy8974
    Options
    I'm also restarting my weight loss goals and would love to be a part of your support team! Congrats on the Engagement and upcoming wedding!! I used to do the same thing. Back in highschool I always felt so much larger than my friends, especially since I was curvy and didn't have the "flat stomach", but when I look back at those days I would LOVE to have that figure back! I might not have had the "flat stomach" but it was much less than what I'm packing these days...and I've learned curves are a girls best friend ;)

I sent you a friend request already, I say we work together and get ourselves back to those glory days :)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    change your mindset....you havent failed...you've had varying degrees of success!
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well... I have been in your shoes. I was 115 pounds as a teenager, and I was happiest at 135 after I had my first son.
    I am now 36, and I have let myself go.... My husband has been great, and says he loves me at any size.
    His only regret is that in my losing weight my boobies are going away....lol He says its not a deal breaker though.

Anyway, I have about 136 pounds left to lose. The most I have ever weighed was 298 pounds last Summer. I had lost 26 pounds, and I quit... It was pure laziness that made me quit, and I went back up to 281.4.

I started AGAIN 3 weeks ago at 281.4, and have lost 12.4 pounds. My first goal is to lose 50 pounds. I have 38 more pounds to go to reach that goal. Then my goal is to lose 50 more pounds. After that I want to lose 50, and then figure out where I would like to be from there. My ultimate goal is to reach and maintain a healthy weight.

If I can do this so can you! I literally eat everyday food. Good luck to you!
  • Cindyg87
    Cindyg87 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey, no matter how many times you fail you just keep trying and trying....i am in the same boat.! Add me if you want, we can keep motivated :smile:
  • Brutmar
    Brutmar Posts: 85
    Options
    Cheer up honey bunny! You are not alone :) In 2010 I lost 42 lbs and felt wonderful. I was down to a size 12. Not the smallest I've ever been but I was satisfied with the way I looked. In the last two years I have gained 25 of those lbs back! So I started again this month to get it off. Although I am unhappy with myself for gaining it back, I know that my failure is not the end. I'm back at it and I know I can get it off again. You know what? So can you!!! I have faith in ya :).....I am sending a friend request. Together we can succeed! Good luck on your weightloss journey.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Never quit trying, take one day at a time and know tomorrow is a new day and a new start. We can all look back at pictures of ourselves in days gone by and think about our would-a, could-a and should-a's but the fact remains you are here now and that means you have not given up! Keep coming back to this site even if you stumble because you will get the motivation you need. Good Luck.
  • fluffywelshsheep
    fluffywelshsheep Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Baby step's everyone , Do one thing every day that is a health choices, It's soon be easier to do and become second nature.

Ditch the diets and change you way you life your life . You need to get it right in your head .

Just one point is don't look backwards always go forward in life, It's not good to say i want to be the size i was in college, You say i want to be this size/weight in x months/year time and stick to it.
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    OH, my darling . . . been there so many times! I was married to a man that could EAT and DRINK anything and never gain an ounce, and of course, it was just the opposite for me. 25 years, 3 daughters, 60 pounds and a divorce later, here I am. I have attempted countless times, but this site is what I have the most control and success with! I will friend you. And remember, WE ALL need the support and encouragement, no matter where we are in our "battle".

One last thought . . . when you look in the mirror tonight, before you go to bed, find 5 positive things to say about yourself. It's important! Beauty comes from within! Don't ever forget that!

❤ Jean
  • grumpylupe
    grumpylupe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting this at your age. I am turning 40 next month and I have always been a big girl. As a child I was chubby and my parents tried to put me on several diets, forcing me to drink the nastiest stuff back then and for many years as I was growing up. I was doomed to fail also due to the fact that my parents comforted me with food when I was sick or emotional. I fell down and scraped a knee and cried......here is a cookie, etc. But now that I am older, I have developed even worse habits, social drinking. I have started this program last week, and cut down on just the alcohol consumption, and I lost 4 pounds in a matter of days on this program of calorie counting. I am so happy that this app is free and available on the go, it makes it so easy to keep track of my eating. Congratulations on taking that first step! I'm here doing it with you, so you're not alone! We can do this!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it might be an idea not to look on any weight you loose as specifically for your wedding day look at it as working towards a healthier future. Taking those vows,(even though you are both living to them now), in the company of family and friends can be pressure enough without the added "I must do this for that one day". Be honest with your food and exercise diary, you might go over the calories on any one day occasionally but don't beat yourself up. Congratulate yourself on every day you achieve and take it as a distraction from everything else you have going on.

k
  • itsnowornevercici
    itsnowornevercici Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hun you are the girl we all can relate to. i've spent my whole life under the watchful eye of my family. when i go abroad to see my family the first thing they say isn't 'hello' but 'you've put on weight' and i always look at my husband and fight back tears.

i was 8.5 stone when i got married and 8 years later (i got married young!) i put on a **** load. when i weigh myself on starting this i was nearly 15 stone (i had a baby 3 years ago suffered from depression and then suffered 2 car crashes in a space of 7 months (both were non fault people just like crashing into me!) and i put on weight so fast i didn't know what happened.

we're all here to make our lives better and you can do this! heck you own this! we've all got ur back and we'll support you all the way :)

feel free to add me (anyone else too!)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Your family sucks. I don't know if they are being mean on purpose. But, they are definitely laying the ground work for an ED. But, their behavior isn't about you so that is a good thing to keep in mind when the make inappropriate comments. So, when you have a bad day with whoever family friends coworkers, ask yourself where you want to be in the next couple of months. Do you want to be closer to your goal or farther away. If you want to be closer then find a way to deal with the stress, cuz mean people are everywhere and they really don't care you are doing your best. In fact some people will do things to make you feel bad on purpose and laugh when you overeat from stress. I am just saying to you what I wish I would have told myself over the last couple of decades. But, I guess it's better late than never.
  • ccjohnso
    ccjohnso Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Never give up! I've quit many times, but what I didn't get until recently is that you can't quit a lifestyle change! The beginning is hard, but once you make the first set of changes, everything will follow! You can do it!
  • Jesi4178
    Jesi4178 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I'm Jessica and my first time here but me and weight issues have gone through this rodeo plenty of times that its starting to get funny. I was always a lil chunky in school, but now im at 330. So yeah did I meant 330...OMG! I just started this new journey again with the support from my kids and a few friends. They mean well but they all drop off short of keeping up a good routine. And who really wants to know my calorie count? ??? LoL. I am here to find that extra motivation to keep me going. So please anyone whos a little more familiar with this:flowerforyou: site and wants to be my fitness buddy.. add me please.
  • Gagirl79
    Gagirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well first off your soon to be husband truly cares about you and when not IF but when you get back down you will be proud to be a hot wife on his arm! I too have fluctuated in weight mainly from a car accident 2 years ago. I have been logging 35 days and this time I am determined to get healthy! I don't have a ton of support at home so the more friends the better for me! You can do this!!!!