Zumba

Options
Anyone doing Zumba? Just recieved the DVD's and they say it is fun and easy, however i popped in the basics and i thought i was going to die after the first half hour! not to mention that the coordination that was required was something else. any thoughts and does it get easier? I am glad it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee...guess i will be packing it backup

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA IS AWSOME :-) I do it at the gym I go to and I have been adding it in to my wokrout routines for over 2 1/2 years. Once you get the moves it is great fun. Remember what you put into it is what your going to get out of it :-)
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm not really a help to you because I haven't tried it yet. But thanks for sharing the info because I have wanted to buy them. But I have 2 left feet!!! So maybe I'll pass now.... LOL Do you think it's something you might be able to figure out with practice? Or is it just crazy difficult?
  • startfresh
    Options
    It does get easier. I love Zumba. just give it time, After a week ifit's not for you then return it.
  • socialkombat
    Options
    I do! I do it at the gym and I love it. It is such a great workout. That being said, the first class was hard. I felt so ungainly and awkward, and I just tried to pick up the steps as best I could. I was out of breath and sweating buckets. My advice is to stick with it, because it does get easier. You will start to pick up those basic moves that the other moves build off of. That first class, I went a few minutes early and met the instructor, told him it was my first time. He was so cool and generally, the classes are better than doing it solo because people are happy to be there, happy to welcome newcomers and happy to have a great time. Plus, if you get lost in the steps, you have other people you can use for reference and the instructor right there. I belong to a YMCA - not sure if you have one in your area but a lot of them offer Zumba now. Good luck!
  • mrslaxton
    mrslaxton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a Zumba class tomorrow night for the first time. I'm wickedly uncoordinated, but I think it might fun. I'll post how it goes!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    It gets much easier! And the easier the coordination the more fun you have!! I've been doing it since Feb at a local fitness center.
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA... stick with it it does get easier as you become more fmiliar with the routine.. I do it at Studio One Wellness in Orlando, Florida and it's the most fun I have all day
  • kwelborn2873
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba! I have been doing it got about six months now. It is such a great workout and it is fun. Don't worry if you don't get all the moves right. You will in time but the purpose of it all is to just keep moving. It is the same as with anything new, the more you Zumba the better you'll get at it. At least try it the whole thirty days before you return it. I would be willing to bet you'll love it and you'll like the way your body is transforming. I prefer to do a hour of Zumba over the treadmill or elipitical anyday. You burn so many more calories it just seems the machines are a waist of my time. Good luck !
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Its like any dance your trying to learn, it doesnt matter how many mistakes you make. after a while of doing it will be easier.

I have the videos and have tried them all, i do the sculpting with weights not the sticks.

Before that i was doing yogabooty ballet. same thing the dance move looked fast. I didnt think i could keep up. but after doing it for months i got used to it and i learn the moves. This actually helped when i started zumba because i caught on very quickly. to all the moves.
  • Nday27
    Nday27 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been doing it for the past 2 months and i love it. I do it at my gym, and i think its better with people. There were plenty of us in there that are uncoordinated,a dn we just all laugh as we try to get the routine. I have to count the steps in my head weird yes but it works for me. And the first time i did it i was so out of breath and sweating like crazy, but the more you do it the easier it will become, i think you should keep up with it, you'll like it. I like the fact that i can dance and burns tons of calories i take that over the treadmill or any other machine any day.
  • beckystrunk
    Options
    thanks for all the replies!! i am going to keep going and i am thinking about going to a class after learning the basic moves at home. i have lost 50 lbs on my own with just dieting and i have reached a plateau so i knew i needed to step it up. my goal is to lose another 60 lbs before this is over. thx so much for the input!