How long did it take you to like exercise?

Options
124»

Replies

• rebeccawwalters
    rebeccawwalters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I noticed my legs after jogging for a while. Nice.....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Day one, since I touched a barbell.
    THIS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HeatherOberholtzer
    Options
    woohoo Combat I am on my last week :)
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It took me years to finally enjoy working out. I would work out for a couple of weeks then stop for months and start back again. I would say I started to actually become addicted to working out about a year and a half ago. Now I work out a few times a week and haven't stopped ( unless I'm sick-but I get right back into it).
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's been almost two years since I started exercising regularly and I still don't like it:grumble: . I might feel like a badass when I lift more than other people but that still doesn't mean I like being out of breath or the feeling of my muscles burning.

I do like the results though so I somehow manage to meet my weekly workout goals.

This is how I feel. I've been running for 3 years and doing HIIT workouts and the like for about 1.5, and ... ugh. I just generally don't like expending a lot of energy, lol. I wasn't an active kid, but I never had a ton of weight to lose, either. I'm just lazy, I guess. I much prefer to be creating something (with paint, yarn, fabric, wood, pen, beads, food, etc.) than sweating.

But I like the results, too, so "exercise" falls into the same category for me as "doing dishes" - unpleasant, but it's gotta be done.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm still searching for the 'thing' I love, but will keep plugging away until I do find it :flowerforyou: