Cutting out sugar

I saw a piece this weekend about a diet plan where you basically just cut out all sugar. The "expert" said you could lose 4 pounds a week by simply eating 15 g of sugar or less a day. Now, this seems ridiculous to me. And, because I was watching it on an airplane, I couldn't go back and write down the name of the person or the plan. Has anyone heard of this? Tried this? I'm so curious...

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Doesn't matter. I keep my sugar <30g/day, but I've already lost my weight and working on abs/definition. I lost my weight with many days being >100g of sugar.
  • wmphimu
    wmphimu Posts: 77 Member
    It seems like one of those "too good to be true" diets. But I was curious if anyone else had heard of/tried it. It was on Friday's episode of Anderson Cooper's talk show that seemed like it was a re-run.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    If it's on a talk show, then it's probably just a novelty diet with the sole purpose of selling books. Eat what you want, at a calorie deficit, and lift heavy stuff/run. It's really that simple, I promise.
  • wmphimu
    wmphimu Posts: 77 Member
    Bumping this up just in case someone else saw this/heard of this/tried this. I'm just curious. I was thinking I would give it a go today, and then decided I wanted an apple and all bets were off. :)
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Sugar hurts me too. I keep myself under 30g a day, fruit included.
  • ScattyGirl73
    ScattyGirl73 Posts: 25 Member
    I watched something on youtube by Dr Robert Lustig once. A lecture on how sugar is a poison, and is pretty much responsible for every evil in the known world. It isn't what you are looking for, but if you can bear to watch this annoying man for more than 10 minutes, it certainly put me off for a while. It all makes sense, but I, like you, couldn't knock fruit on the head I'm afraid.

It did have a fast effect on my body shape, I have to say. I don't know about weight because I wasn't weighing myself at the time. I was doing it purely for the health benefits. Couldn't stick at it though :-(
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    I go over my sugar allowance every single day. Two pieces of fruit puts me over the limit. I have also ignored it every single day. And it certainly hasn't hindered my weight loss one bit! :wink:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    I saw a piece this weekend about a diet plan where you basically just cut out all sugar. The "expert" said you could lose 4 pounds a week by simply eating 15 g of sugar or less a day. Now, this seems ridiculous to me. And, because I was watching it on an airplane, I couldn't go back and write down the name of the person or the plan. Has anyone heard of this? Tried this? I'm so curious...

Correlation diet. For people on a standard diet (lots of crap, not paying attention), they'll avoid a lot of junk food and reduce calorie intake, resulting in weight loss.