Ladies - Comfortable Cheststrap/HRM?

Options
I have an inexpensive Timex HRM with chest strap but when I use it, tucking it in under my bra, I find it VERY uncomfortable...the plastic bit that reads my heart rate digs into my rib cage - just causes a weird pressure that is completely distracting to my workout. Do they make more comfortable ones?

Replies

• freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into getting the Rhythm made by Scosche. You wear it on your forearm so you wouldn't have to worry about it being to uncomfortable with your bra.

It's a little pricy at $100 but I am saving up for it.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Never heard of the Rhythm - THANKS - googling now...
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have an Oregon Scientific HRM with chest strap that's definitely noticeable until you're used to it, but not at all uncomfortable. After wearing it for so long, I honestly don't even realize it's there anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-Se331-Gaiam-Trainer/dp/B0044RWYTA/
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4F HRM. I can't even feel the chest strap and it stays in place just perfect.
  • MK608
    MK608 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60 and absolutely love it... I highly recommend it. The chest strap is very comfortable- I often forget I'm wearing it.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4F HRM. I can't even feel the chest strap and it stays in place just perfect.

I have the same one and I often forget that I'm wearing it. I have more trouble wearing the watch because I don't like having things on my wrist.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and it's definitely comfortable. I don't feel it after the first few seconds. I don't tuck it into my bra though, I just wear it under the bra. Maybe that's your problem with that one ?
  • foxylady522
    foxylady522 Posts: 80
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT4. It is incredibly comfortable and I would forget that it is on if it weren't for the watch.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 HRM, no discomfort.
  • mkbarnes1775
    mkbarnes1775 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar as well, the FT60 and I really like it. I can't feel the chest strap at all and have been known to forget it and leave it on.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

I have the Polar FT7 HRM and echo the earlier comments - very comfortable and stays in place.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT4. It is incredibly comfortable and I would forget that it is on if it weren't for the watch.

I love my Polar FT4. I barely notice the chest strap. It's comfortable and works well.
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also an FT4 fan here, I wear the chest strap under the band of my sports bra so cant really feel it.

I find the watch more annoying as I wear it on my right wrist, so when I bend my wrist, sometimes the buttons press! But, I do love using it.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Ditto.. Polar, below the edge of the bra, not 'under' the bra.
  • ilenelynne
    ilenelynne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the H7 as well and it's so comfortable that I forget to take it off. But if I leave it on for a couple of hours - battery dies. I have already replaced the battery 4 times. And nothing tells you it burned out except it won't connect so I'm a bit unhappy with battery life.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Same as the others with the Polar. I weat mine under my sports bra band and I forget that it's there!
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - I have to check the Polar's out...Very helpful info - I appreciate it!
  • drinknderive
    drinknderive Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also love my Polar FT7. :)
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I find the watch more annoying as I wear it on my right wrist, so when I bend my wrist, sometimes the buttons press! But, I do love using it.

I hate that! It makes it so difficult to do pushups with the watch on!