Faster!!

Options
kmbweber2014
kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
Ok so I'm not sure if I am going to do this right but we will see.

Last year a friend of mine called me two weeks before an annual race she does and asked me if I wanted to go with her. I agreed knowing I had never run in my life. It was 7.46 mile race with a giant hill called Doomsday. I trained for the two week, which meant running a total of 5 times before the race. Needless to say it wasn't pretty. But I finished in 1:57:18 (a 15 min mile). I was hardly able to walk afterwards and felt miserable. And here I was(on the left).

90ad0c8a-5dc2-45f4-9f24-190cb9f94506.jpg

It sparked something in me and I decided I really enjoyed running. So I made it a point to at least get two runs in a week. This year, it was a given, I was absolutely running the race. I have lost 20 pounds since last year and am feeling so much more confident. I completed the race in 1:34:58 (a 12 min mile), over 20 minutes faster than last year. I felt great afterwards, slightly dehydrated (it was 80 degrees), but I felt great. Here we were right after the race (on the right this time).

590af702-09d9-4a6d-9b23-d9713311f3c7.jpg

I don't feel like I can see much difference in my body but other people have noticed it and there is a huge change in how I feel. I have so much more energy and am able to do so much more. My goal for next year is to have the last 25 pounds off and run at 20 minutes less than I did this year.

Replies

• YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats on the weight loss AND improving your time! You look great, but it's SO much more important that you feel good. Keep up the good work!! :smile:
  • kmbweber2014
    Options
    Thank you so much.
  • estrellitamarina22
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm happy for you, enjoy your new life!! :)
  • Liberty_7728
    Liberty_7728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I used to do Bloomsday every year....I can't wait to be able to do it again. I am able to do a 5K for now...working back up to do Bloomsday 2014! Nice job, by the way!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That is so great!! Congratulations!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Is that a mic ultra in your hand???? LOL!!! Gotta reward yourself!

Great job! Running isn't for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy it. For me, it is a major stress reliever :)
  • kmbweber2014
    Options
    Is that a mic ultra in your hand???? LOL!!! Gotta reward yourself!

Great job! Running isn't for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy it. For me, it is a major stress reliever :)

ha ha yeah they were one of the sponsors and it was the only beer they had.

It is a huge stress reliever for me as well. I really enjoy it.
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Great job and great goals. Keep up the good w work!
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    that second picture definitely is different! you are awesome!!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I notice a difference between the two pictures!! You have lost weight and running is the fastest way to loose weight!! You will be there before you know!!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I can't imagine e doing what you did! Absolute awesome:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!