Please be kind, BUT is it possible?

Options
Ok, im going to post a picture of my belly as is right now :embarassed: and i feel kind of stupid posting my picture and asking this question but i really want to know if there is any chance i could actually get a flat and toned tummy...Please dont make any rude remarks about my pictures or my question just dont post if you dont like it. This is an honest question and i know that with the right healthy food choices (dont like the term diet since im not on a "diet') and excersize i will lose the rest of the weight (i have lost about 30lbs since i started and about 45 since i delievered my daughter via c-section 14 months ago) BUT is there anyone out there that has lost the belly i have and now have a flat or toned tummy or will i always have a bunch of loose skin sagging there? :sad: I know there have been a ton of mommy tummy posts and all that but i wanted to share my actual picture and see if anyone started where i was and has been able to get where i want to be and if they have any tips for me i would love to hear them :) I have done 30 DS started RI30 (taking a break right now because i hurt my back) I also just got the NROL4W that i plan on starting after i finish RI30.

Ok here it goes here is my picture now :embarassed:
CAM01089_zps68a39266.jpg

I hope its not too big i tried to resize it but not sure if i did it right lol but this is my belly just about 14 months post c-section after losing 45lbs (from the day i had the c-section)

Is it possible that i could get a stomach that looks even close to this at all? The after picture, i found this on google closest thing i could find to what i have always wanted my tummy to look like ( tired to find something not photo shoped very hard to do btw lol)
weight-loss-before-and-after2.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your advice :) Please be kind im very nervous about posting this pic of my tummy on here...but here it goes.....

Replies

• RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    following ...
    I need to know too. :)
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Also if anyone has pictures please feel free to share :) They are the best for motivation!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    The answer is... it depends. Losing a lot of weight will result in loose skin, but whether the skin shrinks back to match what's underneath is highly variable based on age, elasticity, and so on. *Generally* speaking, the older you are the less it bounces back.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You will be able to look great.
    You probably won't be able to look like a young lady who never had stretch marks. Realistic expectations..
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    That's my belly too. I'm 27. (Should have started sooner!!!)

I am going to lose the weight slowly, moisturize everyday, and tone, tone, tone!!! Crunches, Ab exercises, etc..
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I know I will always have stretch marks im ok with it :) along with my c-section scar but my OB did awesome its so little and barley noticiable :) but its all there becuase i wanted to be a mommy my stretch marks dont bother me. But having a big hangover belly and loose skin does :/ just gonna work my *kitten* off to get rid of the fat and try to get some stronger muscles there and hopefully that will help with the skin too.. oh and btw im 22 i forgot to add that in, only 5'3 and im about 195ish right now delivered at 235! yikes lol
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    My friend lost 80lbs rather quickly from doing the whole no carb thing. She was a big girl, had a big gut. Now shes about 125lbs and ive seen her in a bikini many times since she lost the weight and unfortunately her stomachs skin sags especially right around her belly button. She uses Jergens Skin tightening Lotion religiously and although that may be helping, she does have lose skin

Hope that helps
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    After having my children I lost all belly fluff and had a flat tummy... good luck (My mom was the same way)...But we did lots of sit ups..
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" too. My starting weight - seven years after two huge babies (one almost 11 pounds) - was 196. I delivered my second son by c-section when I was 35. I looked very much at 196 like you do in your picture.

Please take a look at my photos. In the one in my swimsuit, I weigh 125. If you look carefully, you can see a little loose skin near my navel and some stretch marks leftover from pregnancy. It really isn't too bad but not like it was before pregnancy and weight gain. You are way younger than me and you haven't carried the weight as long as I did, so you have a lot in your favor.
  • shortie_sarah
    shortie_sarah Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. That looks just like my stomach. I'm 24 years old and I had 3 kids in 4 years all by c-section. I think me ever having a flat stomach is hopeless. Not to say I won't lose the weight, but I'm sure there will always be loose skin there.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Yes! It is very possible:)
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    omg! thats what mine looks like..i'll bump for later.. but check out this thread.. its really inspiring...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/909249-moms-that-lost-belly-hang-extra-flab-stretch-marks?hl=moms+belly+hang&page=3#posts-14593669

mommys with belly hang!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Do some weight traing you will be amzed at how great you will look the inchs will start flying off. Me personally gained 1 in my shoulders lost a lot on my love handles and tummy and thighs are my biggest change also my biggest problem area.
  • debbielh412
    debbielh412 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have PCOS and that is where most of my weight is also. Also have the same stretch maeks and c-section scar as you. I am 5'3 and started at 202! Will definitely be nice to sew some result pics. :)
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump for later- I have seen my flab reduce but wondering about loose skin.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Even if you never have the belly you want, you will at least see remarkable improvement. Just keep trying. Maybe you will end up with a flat belly and maybe you won't, but your health will improve. Try to focus on that. Everything else is a bonus.
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of losing 300 pounds. I carry most of my weight in my hips and butt, but 58 pounds in my whole body is loose and extremely jiggly. I can only assume that this will become more pronounced.

I have known people who had lipo surgery and they wore a set of tight spandex leggings to encourage the skin to find it's way home, so to speak. I have made a couple pair for myself since I can't even find support garments in my size. It reduces the jiggle when I move around at least, and that helps my confidence. But it is HOT in this weather. I may drop the spandex for the summer! LOL
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I think loose skin has to do with individual people and also sometimes how fast the skin stretched. We are all different.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Do some weight traing you will be amzed at how great you will look the inchs will start flying off. Me personally gained 1 in my shoulders lost a lot on my love handles and tummy and thighs are my biggest change also my biggest problem area.
    ^ This. Plus, don't try to go too fast, keep eating enough and take some brisk walks regularly! You can do it.
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    I can't answer your question but wanted to say my tummy looks similar and I've never even had a baby... so I'm hoping the answer is yes :)

For avoiding loose skin the best tips I've gotten are don't lose too fast, keep your skin moisturized (though fancy expensive creams aren't really necessary or helpful), drink plenty of water, and get enough protein in your diet... also strength training is supposedly great (I'm told) so it sounds like your plans for working out are on the right path.

If you never look like someone else's "after" pic, don't fret, though. Just strive to be the best version of you.