Hi New Here

Options
Hello! I am new to MFP. Just signed up a couple weeks ago and still trying to figure out all the tools as it seems so difficult for me. I am a 39 WAHM, a vegetarian of 15 years and a mom to a 5 year old little boy. I need to lose around 110 lbs, I havent weighed myself yet because I am afraid I will get discouraged and give up but I think its around 250 or 260. So far, I have been dieting for 4 weeks and exercising for 2 weeks. Currently on a 1200 calorie a day diet and working out 1 hour a day, 7 days a week. My 3x blouses are seeming a bit looser so there must be some progress so far! and HOPE!! Hoping to make new friends and learn a lot from this community! Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone on your journeys!

Replies

• cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Add me! We can kick this together !!! i have a total off 100 but i set 2 - 50 pound goals (that just worked for me) !!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hey, Violet..sending FR now :)
  • mnfrank11
    mnfrank11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Motivation and determination are 75% of the battle! Congrats and best of luck! Feel free to add me :)
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I would love to lost about 70 lbs. I'm 32 lbs down and counting! Maybe we can support each other.
  • totalytammy
    totalytammy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! signed up months ago, but didn't actually start using the sight until last week. When I looked at things as they really are, weighed myself, saw horrible pictures of myself in swimsuits, it was a reality check. I weighed myself and as much as I hated to do it, I put my real weight in. Every time I eat I am honest about what I am eating because otherwise I am only lying to myself setting myself up for disappointment. I love when I close my diary at night it tells me what I will weigh in 5 weeks if each day is like today. LOVE IT! It shows me progress even if I can't see it yet. I have lost a few pounds and am excited. I haven't been doing hard core exercise yet, that will begin next week.

Don't get discouraged. You are exercising and building muscle! Muscle weighs more than fat, so even tho you don't see a difference yet, stick with it, when the pounds start to fall they will fall fast! You should notice that you are feeling better and have more energy soon. That is a great reward by itself. And celebrate every pound! One pound lost is one pound closer to your goal! even small successes are a success!
  • Lilbearslim
    Lilbearslim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also 39 and have 70 lbs to lose (and have a 6 year old girl). Best of luck to you and feel free to add me :) I am loving the app and visiting the boards!
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Add me... And yes weight yourself and take pics ASAP. you will regret it when you need to buy clothes (because of the weight lose) just do it now... I didn't take pics at the start, but had some from family gathering and vacations. It's not the same.
    I'm 49 and mom of 3 grown kids and grandmother of 2
    starting weight was 202
    currently 155
    goal 138
    and I take pics offten and weight myseft daily
    Viki
  • TigerLilly03
    TigerLilly03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! im new myself and i sent u a friend request!! anyone feel free to add me!!
  • TLWallperson
    TLWallperson Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me too. I started at 280 two years ago. Have lost 80 with 70 lbs to go.
    I was pretty discouraged when I started, but so glad I did and I'm sure you will be too when you start seeing progress.
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! and thanks for the friend adds and allowing me to add you as a friend!! :)
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes your absolutely right! Will weigh in tomorrow and I imagine using the all the tools here on MFP wouldn't be as effective if I didnt know my actual weight for sure. :) Congrats on your progress! :)
    Add me... And yes weight yourself and take pics ASAP. you will regret it when you need to buy clothes (because of the weight lose) just do it now... I didn't take pics at the start, but had some from family gathering and vacations. It's not the same.
    I'm 49 and mom of 3 grown kids and grandmother of 2
    starting weight was 202
    currently 155
    goal 138
    and I take pics offten and weight myseft daily
    Viki
  • Kris6344
    Kris6344 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I log everyday and am also looking for ACTIVE friends