confused on calorie intake

Options
Hi so I was wondering how many calories is one suppose to consume in order to see some weight loss??? I began eating 1200 calories but was not eating them all (didnt know if I had to) so now ive increased to 1400calories but i still dont consume them all. Am i doing this right/wrong???

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Put your information into MFP with your job level of activity and a 1 lb a week goal. The number it gives you is your daily calorie goal "without" exercise. Eat that amount or as close as you can get to it and you should lose weight. If you exercise, your "Your Daily Goal" section of the food diary will change and show you your new amount. Eating exercise calories back keeps your deficit from becoming too large and stalling weight loss.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Alot of factors involved, height weight activity level .. Body fat percentage.. Go to search forums and search for "in place of a roadmap" it's long, but it's help full
  • lovita619
    lovita619 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks!
  • lovita619
    lovita619 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    Yeah, apparently I'm under my calories intake by 1200

I work out a lot....I'm starting to think maybe too much but there's no way I can eat 3000+ calories a day (when you add the calories that you eat back from what you burned)

So am I going to just be stalled forever? Lol
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    No, u won't be stalled forever. Look up the "in place of a roadmap"and follow it.