Im ready for the change!!!

Options
Hi, I have tried to lose weight few times before during my life but have not been able to keep on track....I think because I was not educated enough on proper nutrition and excersize. Im tired of being over 300lbs Im tired of feeling tired, not enjoying life to the fullest. My children are growing up fast and at this rate I wont enjoy my grandbabies..I want to live!!

This time Im pumped, I found this website looking for a form to keep track of my weight. But wow MFP has so much to offer that if I follow its sugestions I believe this is the time Im going to loose 100lbs'.
100lbs is my longterm goal but if I follow MFP suggestions 1 can loose up to 10 lbs by june 30th....Ill be under 300 for the first time in 20 years

Because of my weight I have kept my workouts low impact cardio and streching excersises, Its been only 3 days since I joined MFP and started the change...
Need to learn how to keep motivated
Need to learn how to control those late night cravings
Tell me how can you better control the munchies in between meals
Are meal replacement shakes really helpful
So many questions I want to learn to live an healthier lifestyle

do you recomend a group to join in MFP? let me know
looking for a partner to be able to motivate eachother through message boars and such...

I feel good for this....Friday is my first weigh in ....wish me Luck
:happy:

Replies

• simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Firstly,

Thank you for your service. I have the upmost respect for military members. I have been on a weight loss journey myself this past year. I love to help others feel the same way. If you want a buddy to check in with you every day and offer a little advice, I can help. MFP is an amazing tool for counting calories but the real power is the community aspect.

I have a passion for helping people over 300 pounds as I can truly relate to the feeling.
    Feel free to add me.
    Simon
  • nelsroc2
    nelsroc2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks Im very grateul for your interest and support I know that we will succeed...Its funny it feels different this time Im in a mission....Thanks yes I will request you plz accept me thks
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request over also. I've been working at losing 100+ since January of last year. I, too, have also tried various different centers and fads and so on to lose the weight. They worked temporarily, but I could never keep it off.

This way, I'm doing it slow and steady and trying to do it at the ~1lb/wk rate that they recommend. That would also mean it would take 100+ wks for this to happen.

That's okay.. the weight didn't magically jump onto me overnight.. I can't really expect it to fall off of me either.
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    Hi there! I too have just started on this journey. Like you, I'm finally ready. My mindset has changed and I'm ready to kick fats a**! Lol. All kidding aside I would love another buddy. People here are very motivational. Add me if you'd like. Good luck.

Desiree
  • nelsroc2
    Options
    Thanks z for the pep talk Im very happy that im not the only one with similar goals...and yes congratulations wow 68 lbs lost thats awesome

Thanks for the friend request
    will reply when received..thank:smile: s Z
  • nelsroc2
    Options
    Thank you....thats great we will go through this adventure toguether....keep strong..Nelson
  • nelsroc2
    Options
    Hi all
    It was a rough day today...but i suceeded. Im learning you just have to take one day at a time
    I woke up at 3am today with a hunger you wouldnt believe... had to work harder on my activities to be able to be under my calorie goal....Thanks to your support it was a succesful day.
    Simon thanks for the pep talk and you recomendation on watching video about cravings in you tube.
    Im really enjoying these walks and workouts lately, I must keep motivated...any Ideas?
    well its the end of day 4 and friday is weigh in....
    Im making sure not to weigh in more than once a week, will also input measurements sometime this week
    hope you all have had successful and fun day today
    Nelson