eating abs?

Options
So, my friend told me that it's only partly working out, that the real trick to getting serious abs is from what you eat.

Is that right? What should I be eating? Or not eating?

Replies

• arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    "Abs are made in the kitchen." Basically, if there's a layer of fat covering them, you can do as many crunches as you want-- abs won't be visible. That said, you still need the workouts to add definition. It's a combination of the two, but diet is most important.

Just focus on eating well. There's no secret formula.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    disagree- f ocus on eating well a nd do strength training and cardio
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    That's called cannibalism, and it's illegal.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    It means to eat at a calorie deficit. Calculate your TDEE and eat less than that:)
  • christianschell3150
    Options
    You have to cut the fat off to see abs. Those muscles aren't the type that get big like your quads or arms, they won't ever pop if you aren't trim.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My abs are tasty.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    thanks for the tip guys! and the humor :tongue:
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It means to eat at a calorie deficit. Calculate your TDEE and eat less than that:)

Yeahh I hope this is right - the calorie deficit being important, rather than eating "clean" or whatever
  • fitdanes
    fitdanes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've heard that its 80% what you eat and 20% about how much you exercise!!! :)
    I used to exercise soooo much with sports and I was still overweight cause I ate however much I wanted whenever
    Theres no way you can make up for eating terrible and way to much with exercise.
    It takes under 5 minutes to eat 800 calories of Mcdonald's fries and over 1 1/2 hours to work it off!
    Good luck :-)
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I've heard that its 80% what you eat and 20% about how much you exercise!!! :)
    I used to exercise soooo much with sports and I was still overweight cause I ate however much I wanted whenever
    Theres no way you can make up for eating terrible and way to much with exercise.
    It takes under 5 minutes to eat 800 calories of Mcdonald's fries and over 1 1/2 hours to work it off!
    Good luck :-)

No kidding! One meal at McDonalds could ruin my day! :O I don't think I've eaten there in almost two years ... it's been a good while!