Can You Look At My Diary Please

Hi :)

Can I please get feedback on my food diary? I keep gaining weight and I can't figure out where I am going wrong. I don't generally log my exercise and I know I need to start...

Thanks,

Kim

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    If you're doing low carb I'd suggest customizing your macros settings to increase your protein and fat goals. You've maxed them out and still have loads of carbs left. If you go lower in one the other two should probably increase to make up the difference. I'd also suggest you track your exercise and eat back at least some of the calories burned. Your weight loss deficit is already set up in MFP with no exercise. By not eating some or all of your burned calories back you increase the deficit, perhaps too much.

Edit: just went back a few more days....You really need to either eat more or track fully. There is at least one day that you only ate 457 calories.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Hard to tell from your diary, since it looks pretty incomplete... but I'd suggest more real food, less shakes/supps etc. And lots more fruit and veg!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Right now it's all water weight. When you have surgery you gain so much since their constantly pumping fluid into you.
  • Diary looks great. Good protein and under on carbs and fat. EXCELLENT! The weight is fluids from your hospital adventure. Don't worry about it. Frustrating but temporary!!
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    I would go with more "real" food. Fruit, veggies, chicken, etc. My mom was eating a lot of Clif Bars and gain like 6 pounds in a week, then went more well balanced and got great results. Best of luck to you!!!!!
  • RockMe777
    RockMe777 Posts: 24 Member
    I agree with Zenpuppy, add real food, good lean protein and lots of veggies! I don't know what you have your weight loss goal set to but your calorie intake seems pretty low which will result in low energy.
    Low energy means your activity levels will be low and will probably put your metabolism to low to burn calories effectively.

Keep working it, you will get there!
  • lorelei68
    lorelei68 Posts: 30 Member
    I agree with zenpuppy & davidm777. Less processed food and more homemade. I know it can be daunting but with a little planning it can be done. Also if you let your calories consistently drop too low your body will hold on to what you are taking in and store it. Keep as close as you can to your target intake before exercise.

You can do this! :happy:
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    I was looking through your diary and I know you have PCOS as do I. I struggle with keeping my carbs under control and it seems that you do as well. One thing I would do is adjust your daily allotment to 20% carbs, 45% protein, and 35% Fat or something similar. This is so you can actually see the proper numbers to shoot for as carb restriction is about the only way that you will start losing weight with PCOS. Strict calorie counting or watching fats does virtually nothing. Trust me I have been doing that for at least 6 years prior to last year. I now eat according to the Low Glycemic Index diet. It teaches you how to eat for insulin resistance. I don't know if you have that or not but you are at risk for it just by having PCOS. The diet has made a world of difference for me not only in losing weight but just overall how I feel. More energetic, fewer mood swings, acne is almost non-existent etc. I highly recommend it. One thing's for sure though it is tough to stick to for the first couple of weeks but if you stick to it your cravings for carbs will diminish pretty quickly.

Also, I would try to eat more real food and a lot less processed food. Processed food, even when low carb can be high on the glycemic index and therefore can cause sugar spikes. If you want the ease of shakes, make them at home with protein powder, berries, milk and natural peanut or almond butter (they taste WAY better!). If you want quick snacks make deviled eggs or eat a handful of nuts like almonds or grab a whole milk cheese stick. There are a lot of quick ways to get protein in and keep processed carbs and junk out. Just think the opposite of most people. Look for full fat and/or high protein options. Reduced fat products typically remove the fat and it is replaced with carbs.

If you have more questions about resources for Low GI eating let me know! Good luck!