Yesterday was rest day and now I feel like ....

Options
melb_alex
melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
Yesterday was my self nominated rest day and I literally had NO energy, ate bit more than usual and was so tired!

This morning I fell asleep at a conference :yawn: :frown: (I don't know how to post pictures properly)

Winnning I say Winning

NOT

Does anyone feel the same? How do I combat this??

*PLEASE be nice with your responses and think 'would a care bear like this'? before posting

:wink: :happy: :tongue:

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    last week was my rest week - and I ate not enough protein, too many carbs, and felt lazy all week. Today, I pushed harder than I have ever pushed in the gym and feel amazing (PR'd my push presses!). Sometimes we just need a rest.
  • melb_alex
    Options
    well done!
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I always come back stronger after a rest day. I think they are necessary to reset my attitude and enthusiasm. I wasn't going to post an answer, but then I thought, it would be rude to ignore a question posed by a care bear. I hope a care bear would like my answer :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Did you overtrain yesterday?

Rest well and tomorrow will be a new day!

And i want carebear gifs now! :laugh:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
  • melb_alex
    Options
    Hi all thanks for your responses. Yeah the Care Bear is my new tag because I am trying to encourage users to help each other as opposed to being malicious with their responses :)

I know it's imperative to rest I really do but I had a mediocre weekend which affected my Monday (I think Sunday for you guys) I only did cardio Monday night and since then have felt really sheet. Tonight I have PT and he kicks my *kitten* so no doubt I will feel better tomorrow!

I just think it's crazy how you can feel this way after only ONE day off and a relapsed weekend

confused-emoticon-scratching-head_zpsded77f14.jpg

care-bears-love-wallpapers_zpsffaae735.jpg
  • melb_alex
    Options
    Hi all thanks for your responses. Yeah the Care Bear is my new tag because I am trying to encourage users to help each other as opposed to being malicious with their responses :)

I know it's imperative to rest I really do but I had a mediocre weekend which affected my Monday (I think Sunday for you guys) I only did cardio Monday night and since then have felt really sheet. Tonight I have PT and he kicks my *kitten* so no doubt I will feel better tomorrow!

I just think it's crazy how you can feel this way after only ONE day off and a relapsed weekend

wow I suck as posting pictures...want to teach an amateur anyone?

I followed the directions but my link looks like this: confused-emoticon-scratching-head_zpsded77f14.jpg (THEN I REMOVE THE IMG and put img) I use the "IMG field" on photo bucket.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    A number of factors could affect this.

-Calorie intake
    -Macro spread
    -Caffeine intake or sudden lack thereof
    -Overtraining
    -Your menstrul cycle
    -How much sleep you got
    -Mild cold
    -Medications
    -Recreational drug use
    -Lunar/planetary cycle
    -Sea turtle migration patterns
    -Seinfeld reruns the night before
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    I have "rest" days
    I have "cheat" days
    I probably will not have another "rest/cheat" day for awhile.

A good way I combat that feeling is only having one of the two. That way I am still accountable for SOMETHING.

Today was a "rest" day. I rested my body up because I did a lot of working out, and lifting yesterday along with cardio right before my graveshift shift at work. I was so tired and just didnt think it was a good idea to push it today with the exercise BUT I still watched what I ate.

Try giving yourself one or the other :flowerforyou:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

There ya go, photos fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I feel the same way after a rest day. :grumble:
  • Datahorde
    Datahorde Posts: 154
    Options
    I keep a few cans of Sugar Free RockStar chilling in the fridge. So on those days that I feel 'blah' - drink one and head to the gym!
  • Nr7989
    Nr7989 Posts: 1
    Options
    A number of factors could affect this.

-Calorie intake
    -Macro spread
    -Caffeine intake or sudden lack thereof
    -Overtraining
    -Your menstrul cycle
    -How much sleep you got
    -Mild cold
    -Medications
    -Recreational drug use
    -Lunar/planetary cycle
    -Sea turtle migration patterns
    -Seinfeld reruns the night before

wow !!! I think I have them all together :D LOL :laugh:
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Monday was my rest day and I ended up feeling really antsy and wanting to exercise anyway so in the end I took a long walk and did yoga to at least get something light in while giving myself a rest
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I rest one or two days a week, depending on how hard I worked out that week.

I have trouble keeping my calorie goals on my rest days when I eat too many carbs. Too many carbs cause blood sugar spikes which makes you tired and hungry and cranky.

Watch your carb intake, be sure you are still eating plenty of protein and fat.

Also once every 11 days I do a major cheat day and "refeed" I eat what I want for 24 hrs. The next day is often a rest day. I can not tell you how GREAT my cardio endurance is the next week after a refeed. Seriously, I went almost 26 miles on the Spinner in less than an hour. Even my lifting was better after a day of refeeding and rest...

We need rest and we need a few cheats now and then to shake things up...
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I totally get sluggish and lazy when I take a rest day!! (One rest day has been known to spawn an extra, day-long, similar but slightly more evil rest day immediately thereafter.)

I totally recommend doing something low-impact like walking (or if you're a hardcore runner/workout-er a light jog could be called "low-impact," if it's significantly less than what you normally do).

This way, you can still consider this a recovery day (we're built to be able to withstand daily walking!) but you're not actually sitting around avoiding exercise like the plague. That's been my downfall in the past, is avoiding doing ANYTHING, and that just drains alllll of my energy and I feel like I can't even get motivated the next day. If I feel my rest day wasn't a complete waste, I can get right back into the swing of things the next day!

Hope this helps :)
  • melb_alex
    Options
    I totally get sluggish and lazy when I take a rest day!! (One rest day has been known to spawn an extra, day-long, similar but slightly more evil rest day immediately thereafter.)

I totally recommend doing something low-impact like walking (or if you're a hardcore runner/workout-er a light jog could be called "low-impact," if it's significantly less than what you normally do).

This way, you can still consider this a recovery day (we're built to be able to withstand daily walking!) but you're not actually sitting around avoiding exercise like the plague. That's been my downfall in the past, is avoiding doing ANYTHING, and that just drains alllll of my energy and I feel like I can't even get motivated the next day. If I feel my rest day wasn't a complete waste, I can get right back into the swing of things the next day!

Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much!!!

The things I will be doing on rest days!

1. Rest :p
    2. Reduce carbs to prevent feeling sluggish
    3. lower intense exercise
    4. Sleep (I definitely need more : / )

Thanks all xxx