snacking

Options
I have recently started an inch loss program at the gym. I am struggling with my snack in the evening as I love savoury food, crisps , nuts, cheese and biscuits etc... Need something low in fat. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• karawilliamson93
    karawilliamson93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eat apples (skinless) or Greek yogurt. I also recommend eating small healthy meals every 4 hours so that you won't be hungry at night.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Fruit is a great substitute. I snacked far too much and avoid where possible. When I do snack I get something like Sainsbury Bacon Crispies at around 95 calories a bag, but that is once every couple of weeks maybe.

For biscuits I have the Lotus carmelised biscuits (Sainsbury/Waitrose) which are tasty and the lowest cal count biscuits I have found yet.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    1) Don't buy those snacks if you have trouble with eating it.
    2) Drinking tea usually helps for me to keep me fuller.
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm a salty savoury snacker too, my diary is open.

I've just discovered Kale Chips for that evening graze - easy to make, light as air but strangely quite filling and nutritious too.

200g bag of sliced ready-washed kale.
    Spread it on a baking tray (or 2 trays for the whole bag)
    Spray with a couple of sprays of Fry Light oil.
    Sprinkle with a little sea salt, chilli flakes, or some seeds you like.
    Pop into a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they can burn quite easily. I give them a quick turn over about half way through to make sure they are all going nice and dry (otherwise you get the occasional soggy one which is not quite so nice!)
  • NikkiiiT
    NikkiiiT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Something like a crispbread or Ryvita with about a teaspoon of low fat cheese spread could be a good substitute for you. I have the same issue except I crave sweet stuff not savoury.
  • diamondsword
    diamondsword Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replies. definitely going to try the kale chips.
  • Giget
    Giget Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    curious....why skinless apples?