IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    BahahAha!!!!!

I used to get that a lot when I was younger.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I still get it.:laugh:

I tell them I'm born and raised in the US (minus a few years overseas due to my dad getting stationed there by the Air Force), but am still asked of my Asian nationality. Then of course the "I love lumpia and pancit" remark.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    rofl!!! amazing!! We should have more asian threads on mfp! Also we need a hot asian chicks thread too.God knows where they are hiding
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I always get "but you dont look Asian!" Or "oh, but you look so hispanic!"

ETA: Pho is a fricken trend right now too so everyone always has to say how much they looovvvee to eat pho. Uggh.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I usually get some remark about sushi and geisha girls. Or the person will start speaking to me in Japanese. I just respond with "sure....." and do the shifty eye thing and give them my best "what the hell you talking about" grin. I can say beer, money, toilet, and pencil in Japanese so unless they say something involving those I have no clue what they are talking about. And i hate sashimi. I am a bad Asian.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Filipino colombian. In texas I am mexican =/
  • booty4dookie
    Options
    HEEEEEYYYY HEEEEEY HEEEEEEY!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This was hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWynJkN5HbQ

IDEA Fitness member

lol fish and chips! Thanks for sharing the link!

I got/get the "Wow your English is perfect" a lot, too. But I grew up like all over the world, so it didn't really count.

BTW whoever said Pho, you made me hungry!
  • Violetngn
    Violetngn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I answer their question where I come from, they always say they love....FOU.... "Excuse me, how you pronounce it?"; "Phoooo" - it's a "dangerous" word. LoL
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm half Asian, does that count?
  • mkim3138
    mkim3138 Posts: 80
    Options
    Saw this the other day, hilarious. I'm the same as the girl in the video, but I was born in Texas =)
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was born in Malaysia but my grany was from China. Its complicated LOL
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have gotten that a lot and I am not even Asian. When I rented my first apartment an older lady asked " how long have u been here?" I told her I moved in a month ago, she replied with " no here from hong kong"
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump
  • abeechu
    abeechu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Died laughing at this one when I saw it last week.. and then immediately started craving fish & chips. Also, has anyone else noticed that people who ask this question never say it normally? In my experience, they always slow it down and say "Where are you FROOOOOM?"

How do y'all respond in real-life to this question? I'm super sassy about it like the girl from the vid :D
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Died laughing at this one when I saw it last week.. and then immediately started craving fish & chips. Also, has anyone else noticed that people who ask this question never say it normally? In my experience, they always slow it down and say "Where are you FROOOOOM?"

How do y'all respond in real-life to this question? I'm super sassy about it like the girl from the vid :D
    One time I spoke in my thick Filipino accent (I imitate my relatives all the time) "I'm prum de San Prancisco Bay aria. I like tu go und watch de San Hosay Sharks flay in de aych fee (HP) center und hit de hockey *kitten*!"

IDEA Fitness member
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options

One time I spoke in my thick Filipino accent (I imitate my relatives all the time) "I'm prum de San Prancisco Bay aria. I like tu go und watch de San Hosay Sharks flay in de aych fee (HP) center und hit de hockey *kitten*!"

IDEA Fitness member

Hahaha. Get plenty Filipinos over here.

Dey lub to go to da bich and swim in dee waterrrrr (rolling Rrr)!!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

like a heePoh PohTahMos
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I usually get some remark about sushi and geisha girls. Or the person will start speaking to me in Japanese. I just respond with "sure....." and do the shifty eye thing and give them my best "what the hell you talking about" grin. I can say beer, money, toilet, and pencil in Japanese so unless they say something involving those I have no clue what they are talking about. And i hate sashimi. I am a bad Asian.

Does that mean you're not good at math and a good driver? :wink:

Not asian, but wanted to bump this so I can see the video when I get home.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

like a heePoh PohTahMos
    Bwahahaha! That's how my aunt says it!

IDEA Fitness member