Low carb/calorie tortilla wraps in the UK..where!

Options
Hello, I've seen on many posts low carb wraps and I have no idea if any shops in the UK stock these?

I love wraps but have avoided them since starting MFP due to Mission Deli wraps having circa 250kcal each

Replies

• ladyliz
    ladyliz Posts: 1
    Options
    Asda now have a wholewheat tortilla wrap which I think is under 150 calories. Check them out.
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    I had this problem until I found the 'discovery' wraps. I bought them in Sainsburys. They arent too big, just the right size for me! And are only 115 cals each!! :) I fill mine with some mixed peppers and chicken breast, perfect lunch for 250cals :)
  • rosebslim
    rosebslim Posts: 27
    Options
    Weight Watchers wraps are low. I just looked up the NVs and they are:

White ones 90 calories ea.
    Wholewheat ones 106 cals ea.

I can't seem to find the wholewheat ones localljy, but do occasionally use the white ones. However, be careful not to overfill as they are fairly thin (obviously, hence the low cals) and they can split if not careful. Otherwise great for reducing the carb cals.

:wink:
  • dipteshr
    dipteshr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I found that its all a bit misleading... the WeightWatchers ones are almost half the size of the discovery ones so dont let the calories fool you.... the Asda ones are good value for the calories (i.e. the size of the wrap in proportion to the calories) but the other brands arent too bad either, give or take a few cals, when you consider the Size:calorie ratio!
  • goldenfemale
    goldenfemale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try this one 70 cals per wrap ( josephs low carb tortillas) they are low cal, low fat and low carb.

I'm gonna get some - ain't tried them yet

http://www.avidlite.co.uk/acatalog/BREAD.html

Also lowcarbmegastore sells them ( google for URL address)
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like the Sainbury's Be Good To Yourself ones and they are only 135 cal per wrap and they are a nice size too.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Tescos value ones are only 130 cals!:wink:
  • TerryLynn66
    TerryLynn66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The ones i use are called Flatout flatbread they only have 90 calories and 6 net carbs. they are great...maybe you could order them in. They sure make things easier. Good luck...doing great
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    A great alternative is to wrap fillings in lettuce leaves. Crunchy and next to no calories!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Sainsburys do ones that are about 140 cals each, but wraps do just seem to be really calorific! I have stopped eating them.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies!

Mmm wholewheat wraps, haven't seen locally them but there's a gigantic Tesco not too far away that will probably be the best
  • DanThomas83
    Options
    Can anyone actually name a low CARB tortilla, not low calorie, as asked in the original question?
  • disco_dance
    disco_dance Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/La-Tortilla-Factory-Carb-Wraps/dp/B002QM98DA

I believe Tesco used to do some but not tired any of these myself. In the bikini bootcamp diet they say to use lettuce or corn tortilla wraps so I get those in asda or Sainsbury's (old el paso)
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Tesco's do wraps in their 'light' range about 135 plus Mission Deli do mini ones with 90 cals.

Never seen low carb ones before tho. Has anyone else?
  • Cobnut
    Cobnut Posts: 10
    Options
    I have no idea how these compare or if they're "low carb" for what they are, but Discovery do some sturdy wholemeal tortillas. Per tortilla/40g serving they are:

Cals 109
    Protein 3.7g
    Carbs 16.2g
    etc

They are really yummy :-)
  • Altintren
    Altintren Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't advise to have carb if you are "0" blood type. Because any kind of grains are not digested by this blood type. I advise more protein for this blood type and not light exercises.
    It's up to you believe or not but at least you can give a try just for 1 week and check how you feel. But if you say "i can stop smoking but can't stop eating tortilla" then eat it them at breakfast rarely at lunch but never at dinners.

Refers;
    http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Evolution-Diet-Paleolithic/dp/B00A16LSIQ/
    http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Right-Your-Type-Individualized/dp/039914255X/
  • elka67
    Options
    I have no idea how these compare or if they're "low carb" for what they are, but Discovery do some sturdy wholemeal tortillas. Per tortilla/40g serving they are:

Cals 109
    Protein 3.7g
    Carbs 16.2g
    etc

They are really yummy :-)
    Thanks .Not bad for the size. Mission Deli mini's are 97 cals, 14.6g carbs but only 31g in size.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Cals 109
    Protein 3.7g
    Carbs 16.2g

60% of calories from carbs - definitely not low carb.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Can anyone actually name a low CARB tortilla, not low calorie, as asked in the original question?

I get these.....................http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/bread-scones-wraps/wraps-and-flatbreads. They are quite expensive BUT I buy a few packs and then freeze them individually to use whenever. They are ideal and yummy :bigsmile:
  • elka67
    Options

I get these.....................http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/bread-scones-wraps/wraps-and-flatbreads. They are quite expensive BUT I buy a few packs and then freeze them individually to use whenever. They are ideal and yummy :bigsmile:
    Great link, thanks