A long road ahead.... but look how far we have come

LizRodmell
LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
Hello all. my name is lizzy. i am currently doing my second round of insanity. 2 weeks left in fact :) since january 7th i have lost 42 lbs and still counting.

i lately have been feeling like i am getting nowhere. so i decided to post the following pic to show everyone that, although you may not be at goal yet! the journy you have taken is also importent. I still have 23lbs to loose... and i hope to do it within the year. but i need to keep reminding myself that although i have slowed in weight loss, i have come so far already.......and i should be proud of that. I also post this as i hear it a lot from people in my friends list. they bust their *kitten* and feel dishartened as it it all slowing down.

So firstly This is my results from round 1 of insanity

2s6pm3s.jpg

This was a huge change for me. suddenly i was fitter then ever and had heaps of enery. i just had to do a second round! while doing it i also took part in the Cancer research race for life in Gateshead. this is a 5k race over a steep hilly torrain.

2uf3xvt.jpg

Thats me on the right
Thanks to insanity i knocked a whopping 5 minuets off my time from the year before! 31.26 mins last year. this year 26:32 :)

So on to this round of insanity

i dont normally post front view pics, but i think i need to get over my security issues in order to move foward so here goes. each picture was taken per fit test going from left to right:

ih2v6x.jpg

not as big a change granted but my endurance is through the roof. i still have 2 weeks left of the program. so my final results are not in yet
i was having a hard time moving foward as i was seeing little change. this morning i decided to put my most resent pics next to my starting pics and this is what i saw:

90tuhk.jpg

not to bad for less then 6 months eh? After this round of Insanity i plan to do the great North 10k for alzimers uk charity. this is a 6.4 mile race. with the aim of sompleating in under 1 hour. then move on to Asylum ( the insanity follow on workout...harder and shorter program) then who knows, i will go where my fitness disires take me.

so what about you? how far have you come, what have you achived. i want everyone to look at what you have done already, take pride in it and use it to move foward feeling proud and happy rather then with dread and a feeling of hopelessness.

Replies

• whoooo hooo!!!
    you go girly. you look incredible. very visibly slimmer in your waist, tummy arms AND legs!! awesome work gorgeous. keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • great work! :)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Fabulous, huge difference!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Amazing!!!
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    This is so amazing. I've been searching for similar shapes to mine and I've finally found it! I've been wondering how my belly area would look once I've lost some more weight. This gives me so much hope!! Thank you so much for posting this photos and GREAT job!!

Be sure to post your progress when you're finished with your second round of Insanity!

-Laura
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!