Weekend Challenge

Options
Hey everyone bemoaning our lack of success over the weekend! This challenge is for us. The challenge is to not go over calories for the weekend (June 27 - 29).

I need you all out there to help hold me accountable and I will do the same.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone bemoaning our lack of success over the weekend! This challenge is for us. The challenge is to not go over calories for the weekend (June 27 - 29).

I need you all out there to help hold me accountable and I will do the same.

:flowerforyou:
  • sbrumage
    sbrumage Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in!!!! No more cookies for me. :happy:
  • Tizz
    Tizz Posts: 38
    Options
    I WILL TRY!!!!!!!! It's so hard because I'm going away to my cottage and boozing it up seems to be the main source of fun!! I'm going to pack lots of veggies and corn on the cob for snacks and chicken hot dogs for din din! Wish me luck because the weekends are ALWAYS where things go wrong.
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I am in! (It will be hard......)! I am like Tizz. The weekend is where I usually "wound down" from the week---that means a least some "cold ones"!!
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    Well here we go. Ive already had a brat from a church brat fry. And we are going out for our anniversay tonight. I hope I dont totally overindulge. Wish me luck!
  • sassycat
    Options
    Well here we go. Ive already had a brat from a church brat fry. And we are going out for our anniversay tonight. I hope I dont totally overindulge. Wish me luck!

Good Luck!! You can do it!! :happy:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm all in. Going on vacation on Monday, but not wanting to start it off wrong. Weekends are family time, lots of eating out, but I'm learning where my weaknesses are (must they always put the plate of french fries by ME?) Hope everyone does well and gets lots of exercise in for those little extra goodies we consume. Have a great weekend!
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I'm in!! I tend to ... partake, *ahem* on the weekends as well and then when I've ... partaken... enough I eat and eat and eat.

Not this weekend! No siry bob!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I'm not here for the challenge (I don't cheat) but wanted to give all support!

YEA TEAM--GO GO GO GO GO

YOU CAN DO IT!

cheerleader.gif
  • blondeheat
    Options
    Awesome! I feel so energized and ready for the challenge.
  • catiepink
    catiepink Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I will have to exercise my butt off!!!! I like to have a Friday night cocktail!!!! :drinker: We can all do it if we try hard!!:smile:
  • hhhannnahhh
    Options
    I'm totally in! i've had two great days with eating so far, now i have the opportunities to get some really great workouts in but i might need some modivation to just get to the club and get it done. yay!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    :drinker: count me in:drinker:
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    This is PERFECT! I was worried that the w/e would be much harder than the week has been. Just knowing that I have to check in on Monday will be great!

One of my goals with MFP is to avoid my daily weigh in (soooooo hard for me not to do but I have not checked the scale for 4 days which is the longest I can remember not looking at the scale). Anyway, my first weigh in is next Wed so staying "on track" this w/e will be helpful.

Someone did recommend I use a tape measure and I am grateful for that suggestion.

See you Monday! Good luck everyone!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    count me in!
  • blondeheat
    Options
    How did everyone do? I think I sqeaked in which is great considering a girls nite out and a martini party! I kept thinking of the challenge and it really helped me keep the eating down. Thank you everyone.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I was under calories (barely, but under) on Saturday and Sunday. Friday I had Corona Light (two of them) which pushed me over by about 250 calories.

Let's do this again next weekend... it might help get through the holiday weekend!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I stayed on track Saturday but Sunday was a terrible blow out. Gotta work on that.... but 6 days sticking to my calories allotment is better than none!
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    i was bad Friday, REALLY bad. But I was good Saturday and Sunday. I made up for Friday a bit on Saturday and I weighed today and my weigh is still at what it was on Friday so overall I'd have to say this weekend was a success!!!

Definitely MUCH better than most weekends.

Lets do this again next weekend! Although, I will be moving next weekend so I might just decide not to bother trying to fit in a healthy meal. We'll see.

See ya!
  • sassycat
    Options
    Sounds like everybody did well on the challenge. (Better than me). I blew it right off the bat-Friday night. I definitely made the wrong choice of food/drink at the Mexican restaurant! :sad: It is hard when you go out to eat.

Then I started out ok Saturday morning....ended up going over a couple hundred calories?? Sunday--same thing. I don't know what happened? It was one of those times that you are craving something and you don't know what it is....UGGGHHH!!! I hate those days.

I am back on track this morning. (I have gained 4 pounds over the weekend---boy, I can feel it!!)