Constantly Freezing!!

Options
I have lost 15 pounds since December 2009 and find that I am super cold all the time! It is the middle of the summer and 90 - 100* outside and I am running a heater under my desk! My husband bought me a Snuggie a few months ago because he freezes me out of the house!

Has anyone else experienced this with weight loss or is it something I should see the doctor about?

Thanks for your help!
Erin

Replies

• aehenson
    aehenson Posts: 86
    Options
    I used to burn up all the time but now that I am 20 pounds lighter I seem to freeze all the time. I guess it's the missing layer of fat that used to keep me warm.....
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold and people tell me it's cuz I am too thin. I am not really too thin but often wonder if it is because I have a low body fat %. Idk.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You may be lacking Zinc or an Iron in your diet In other words you may be anemic. its nothing to worry about, but here what you can do to help you! I have what you have and i cured it by taking a multi vitimin everyday! I konw this because i did talk to a doctor about it and i knw this to be try. let me know if you want any other advice, im always here!!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Haha I think it's just one of the woes of being a skinny person. :wink: I'm cold all the time, too, now that I've lost so much weight. :smile:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I lost weight from August to November 2007 (35 lbs at the time), and you will notice a difference.....I was freezing all winter long....being healthy does cost you in other places I guess lol
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    if your cal are two low not getting a enough food not exercising enough or if theri is something wrong with your thyroid 15 pound is not a hole lot for 7 months time it could be if your allready skinny
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I usually freeze one week out of the month :ohwell: The boyfriend got me a snuggie and slippers for christmas lol.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I am forever cold, I don't think my hands are ever warm....even when its like 110 degree heat index! I am always making hot tea at work, I swear its like the north pole in here all the time...ugh!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I am the same way. I find that most of the other people in my office have fans on ( I won't mention their weights), but I have my heater on all the time. I wouldn't worry about it, just know that you're resting rate is probably a lot lower than others who don't work out...hence they work up a sweat when you don't.
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm close to the 30 lb mark and I find myself begging my colleague to turn off the office A/C for just a little bit so I can warm up. I also keep walking around saying "this summer is no where near as hot as the last" and people keep telling me I'm crazy (I'm in the mid Atlantic and we've apparently had one of the hottest years on record.) Unless there's a circulatory issue going on here, I'm definitely noticing a correlation between weight loss and not being as warm blooded.
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    If this is a recent phenomenon and if you're not exaggerating, I would definitely go see a doctor about it. Yes, a lot of people feel chilled at "normal" temperatures--but you should not need to run a heater and wear a snuggie when it is 100 degrees. That sounds like a nutrient deficiency or hormone problem to me. I'd get it checked out.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Durring the winter I found I was constantly cold, that 100lbs I lost really was great insulation I guess. I am not so cold now, but I am dealing with the heat a whole lot better this year. It has been in the mid 30s (celcius) for weeks and the smoke from the forest fires keeps it pretty warm. It can take the body a while to adjust though.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    i'm the same way all the time, except when i'm outside or upstairs working out. my man have to have the air on. i even lost 61lbs. so far and have 25lbs. more to lose. my sister is the same way and she lost about forty. so you aren't the only one.
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    Air conditioning always makes me cold. I think it's the humidity more than anything. I also hate heat in the winter time, I'm always hot inside in the winter. But I've always been this way, heavy or not. It does fluctuate a little at different times of the month though.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    feeling cold is a symptom of thyroid deficiency. Also thinning hair, dry skin, constipation. If you have more of these symptoms you should see your doctor.