extra Calories on Blood Donation Day?

Options
hey guys,

So I'm going to donate blood on Saturday and I know I'll require extra calories as they make you drink juice and eat alot after here in Canada. And It's not recommended to do anything strenuous the day of. How would I log this?

Meg

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Log whatever you eat or drink, but don't log the donation itself. Your body will use the extra fluids to produce more blood. I don't think they will make you eat "alot", just a snack to make sure you don't pass out. You can always eat a slightly smaller breakfast and dinner to make up for it, but the extra fluids are very important. Oh, and don't try to workout after. I was lightheaded the next day, so glad I skipped the workout.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Extra water. Not food.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Log what you eat, and write in teh "notes" section at the bottom of your diary that it was blood donation day.
  • chubbybuddha101
    Options
    I would actually recommend NOT sticking to your calories that day. Eat enough to maintain your weight that day- 1 day of this won't kill you.It will give your body what it needs to recover from the blood donation and get you back to working out sooner- just my personal experience. Also, light exercise before you donate blood is fine as long as you eat afterword.
  • 0OneTwo3
    0OneTwo3 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    As long as you maintain a caloric deficit in the long run (i'm talking weeks and months here) one day will make no difference whatsoever. extra water and food. you don't even need to count on that day.
    its better you overeat a little than risking to collapse somewhere.