A big Thank You to MFP

Options
Whoever created and continues to manage this wonderful app and website deserves a Huge Thank YOU from This Guy!

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mike

Drop him a line and tell him :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

This. He's really nice and he does like to hear from people who appreciate the site.
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    yea I have often thought we should mail him a dollar for every pound we drop and a huge thank you this is definately changing my life one pound at a time.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm very greatful he made this site. All for free too.. how lucky are we? Very amazing!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    yea I have often thought we should mail him a dollar for every pound we drop and a huge thank you this is definately changing my life one pound at a time.

He gets advertising revenue.

So... click on the ads and stuff.
  • annieconverse
    Options
    I agree. I love how the program makes it so easy to look at what I am taking in and how much I am exercising in such a brutally honest way. I don't get to "forget" or mindlessly eat anymore. Also, I find myself getting up early in the morning and getting on the treadmill and *RUNNING* to earn extra calories for the day.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU, MIKE!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

So? He still helped a hell of a lot of us out. He deserves more. I never clicked the ads.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Many thanks Mike your program has changed my life:drinker:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

So? He still helped a hell of a lot of us out. He deserves more. I never clicked the ads.

Well he made enough money off the advertising revenue to quit his job and support his family.

Maybe you should click around more on the website besides logging, blogging, and screwing around on the forums. He has a bio!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

I think the poster was saying that you will be helping Mike out if you click on the ads, as every click earns him revenue.

To Mike - Thank you for creating MFP and absolutely changing my life! And, thank you for keeping MFP free, as I kinda need money for food and smaller clothes! :wink:
  • Port47
    Port47 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A big Thank You Mike ! I am 66 yrs. old and your site has totally changed my eating habits and finally got me exercising.I have become addicted to it.Also I would like to thank all my MFP friends for being there when encouragement is needed. Mike thank you again !!!! :happy: :drinker:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I'm not sure if he's be willing to take up charity. Most sites who want/need donations usually have it everywhere that they accept donations and have links/methods for you to donate to them.

Like already mentioned, mike and MFP are doing well but if people are interested, I've posted his profile and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer inquiries of MFP is accepting donations.

I would definitely like Mike and MFP to succeed alot. They do have some gadgets for sale from which they get a handsome percentage of profit if you're interested. They're good for you too so its a win/win :)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options

This. He's really nice and he does like to hear from people who appreciate the site.

Done! So much time and effort must be put in to maintain a huge site like this.
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!