Kettlebell Workouts

Options
KYT1121
KYT1121 Posts: 58 Member
Interested in hearing what you guys think of these. Are they effective? Is there a routine that you really like? Any other comments/thoughts.

Thanks!

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I like kettlebells, great for tabata style workout....I like to do heavy swings, snatches, squats and lunges with them :)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I've heard they are great for the butt. I'm looking to invest in a set of kettlebells to give it a try.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    LOVE kettlebells!! I started using them this winter and they are awesome. It is the best workout, gets the heart rate way up while building strength. When I want a good sweat and feel like I've really worked out then I do my kettlebell routine. I use Sarah Lurie's Iron Core dvd set. Great instructional and serious bootcamp as well. Love, love, love my kettlebells!
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes my Wife and I do the KettleWorx DVD's by Ryan Shanahan. They're quick 25min workouts and we mix the cardio with the toning routines for best effect. The video's have little eccentricities like the trainer doing uneven counts when switching from one side to the other, but we adjust that ourselves since counting isn't difficult! You can start with a kettle bell you feel comfortable with and when it feels like there isn't any challenge get a heavier one. Good luck!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I like kettlebells.. I like the fitness blender workout on YouTube..but some may say it's not a true kettlebell workout.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Love kettlebells, use kettlercise and kettlebell bombshell.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love my kettle bells, i have 2 at home and i regularly attend classes at my local gym. Since i started with the kettle bell i have lost LOADS of inches. There are some free kettle bell work outs on youtube if memory serves. They are fab for cardio and strength at the same time. I use 10kg in class and have an adjustable 10kg at home and a 15kg. Highly recommended xx