Lochlyn_D
Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
Every morning I do as many as I can of the following:

Squats
Side Leg Lifts
Crunches
Side Oblique Crunches
Plank

Please keep in mind that I am still very overweight and my body does keep me from doing some things. (Big belly)

Replies

• LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, one of the things I did (which really helped me) was climb up and down stairs. For 10 minutes. Up a flight, down a flight, up a flight, down a flight. Just walking at first, but going for the full 10 minutes non-stop. It's less impact on the joints than running, and you will get your heart rate up nicely.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    add heavy weights.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Some sort of cardio perhaps. Incorporate weights into what you're doing as well.

But, along the lines of bodyweight exercises:
    Push-ups (start with wall push-ups if "regular" ones are too challenging)
    Side planks
    Lying leg lifts
    Reverse crunches
    Dips
    Lunges
    One Legged "Deadlifts" (I'm not sure they "count" as deadlifts without weight, but they're challenging even without being weighted, and good for balance.)
    Burpees
    Jump squats
    Calf raises
    Bridge-ups
  • Lochlyn_D
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, one of the things I did (which really helped me) was climb up and down stairs. For 10 minutes. Up a flight, down a flight, up a flight, down a flight. Just walking at first, but going for the full 10 minutes non-stop. It's less impact on the joints than running, and you will get your heart rate up nicely.

Thanks. That's great. I will add this.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I see no upper body work (push-ups, dips, etc), I see no cardio (whatever you like), and I see no stretching/mobility work.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Options
    I see no upper body work (push-ups, dips, etc), I see no cardio (whatever you like), and I see no stretching/mobility work.

I am too heavy to do pushups and my belly wont let me do girl pushups.

I get cardio later in the day, walk/run three hours. I do two 15 min stretching videos before any of this.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Do them at an angle... on a stair, on a chair, on a ball, against the wall.

Holy Dr. Suess batman!

I get cardio later in the day, walk/run three hours. I do two 15 min stretching videos before any of this.

good.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Options
    Do them at an angle... on a stair, on a chair, on a ball, against the wall.

Holy Dr. Suess batman!

good.

Thanks. I forced myself to do 25 girl pushups. It wasn't so bad.