C25k

Options
KymmyJoy
KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
Hi,

Looking for a good app for my C25k. There is the 'official' one and a few with the same name just ree downloads. Is there any real difference between them? Want to get on it today really, while I'm feeling motivated.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm using the zen labs c25k app and like it.
  • jwool40
    jwool40 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello All,

I just started doing the C25K program and have not been able to load the app to my ipod as of yet. My 16yr old daughter downloaded it onto her Iphone and is doing it with me. We have only completed day 1 and today we will do it again and I am more sore today than I was yesterday......any suggestions? My legs and thighs and the sides of my back are just really sore! Help!
  • KymmyJoy
    KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just done my first one. hopefully won't be feeling that bad on Friday when I plan on doing my second one. Can feel it in my inner thigh.

Make ure you're stretching before and after, the warm up/ cool down walk doesnt mention it.

• ukaggirl
    ukaggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I just started doing the C25K program and have not been able to load the app to my ipod as of yet. My 16yr old daughter downloaded it onto her Iphone and is doing it with me. We have only completed day 1 and today we will do it again and I am more sore today than I was yesterday......any suggestions? My legs and thighs and the sides of my back are just really sore! Help!

Drink plenty of water and stretch! If you can add strength training to your exercise routine that helps as well. The first few weeks were a struggle for me when I started running. As soon as I had one pain under control another one would pop up. It does get better, I promise! I am now running pain free and although it has been a slow progress it has been worth it. Make sure you get LOTS of water and stretch before and after your run and also througout the day. I have found I need to stretch my calves and quads more than anything. Also, if you can get your hands on a massager do it! It's amazing how much better you will feel. I found a cheap massager with rolling nodules at Dollar Tree and it works perfectly. Of course I would rather have a Moji massager but it's a bit pricey.

The most important thing is don't give up. Once you get into your run and warm up you will feel better. You can do this!
  • ukaggirl
    ukaggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Looking for a good app for my C25k. There is the 'official' one and a few with the same name just ree downloads. Is there any real difference between them? Want to get on it today really, while I'm feeling motivated.

I use the 5K101 training and I really like it. Rather than progressing a little each day like the offical C25K program there are 8 stages that you do for one week each. It's really cool to be able to see how much progress you can make in a week! I downloaded it free from iTunes as a podcast. If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch you can download the app and put your own music behind it. The guy is great and very motivational. You can also see more about it at www.5k101.com.

Good luck!!
  • jwool40
    jwool40 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks alot for the advice on stretching, I did a bit of it before I started but maybe need to do more. I am going to continue through the pain because the reward outweighs the sacrifice.....hopefully!