50lbs Gone In 5 Months! Pics!

Options
AmykinsCatfood
AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
I'm so excited! I have lost 50 lbs (well, 49 as of Monday but with all my exercise and good eating yesterday I'm sure I'm up to 50 by now) in 5 months! I never thought I would be able to lose even 10 lbs.. never knew how to begin.

All I did was log on MFP every single day, and log honestly. I still allow myself junk food every now and again but I make sure to "make room" for it by eating super healthy the other meals and snacks of the day. I started exercising with Zumba for kinect, but quickly got bored so I moved to walking and recently to bike riding and horseback riding.

The first photo is of me is just before I started this journey. I was absolutely horrified by this photo and you can tell I was so uncomfortable with being in the photo and that I just wanted to die. This photo was my catalyst. Something needed to change and I was determined to make it change.

Second photo is I *think* at 30lbs down and at my new achievement of 50lbs down. I've been pretty awful at keeping track of what photos are what and actually taking photos at each 10lb loss, but oh well. This is me! YAY!

2e10a24c-0362-4abb-bf4a-b80e4cd1a254_zps940d93d3.jpg

d2bf6009-f2fd-45cb-a36b-628f58ee7d05_zps46326342.jpg

ba15cd5b-955b-4fcb-9605-7c339c889975_zps99ad66af.jpg

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    Options
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up! Look at those beautiful cheekbones that have appeared!
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work. Also, you're crazy beautiful ;)
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up the good work :)
  • AmykinsCatfood
    Options
    I have collarbones now too! Didn't think about them much when I didn't have them, but now I'm rather fond of them :P
  • angelamynewtemple
    angelamynewtemple Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. How much do you work out a day?
  • AmykinsCatfood
    Options
    Awesome job. How much do you work out a day?

Well, I'm in college most of the day but I generally try to take a walk on my lunches. It varies between 20mins and an hour. I try to get some form of exercise in at least 3 days a week.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's incredible. You CAN make the next 50lbs! You're looking fantastic.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Great job! The first thing people in my life commented on after I lost a lot of weight was my collar bones. I used to joke that I had implants because they were never there before! LOL
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!! :smile:
  • Ginny2bskinny
    Options
    Congratulations! You are looking great!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I'd love to start strength training but I don't have the funds to access a gym or buy equipment so for now I'm just working on my cardio. Maybe once I'm down a little more I can save up start doing some strength to firm up any loose skin and tone. Just being able to see my muscles peeking through is a huge victory.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! Good for you :) I hope you feel super proud of your achievement and use it to fuel your next 50lbs!
  • megbee617
    megbee617 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an awesome accomplishment!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Awesome and amazing!
  • Estrada262
    Estrada262 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep pushing
  • Becksga
    Becksga Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also, you're crazy beautiful ;)

Exactly what I was thinking! Wowzers!!! Good job!
  • sarahn724
    sarahn724 Posts: 13
    Options
    You look incredible!! Such an inspiration!! Way to go!!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are doing great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!