Best Protein Powder

Options
What kind/brand of protein powder is the best in terms of health and taste?

Replies

• mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If 100 people rely to this you will probably get 100 different answers.

I use Sun Warrior Vanilla, it is rice based. My nutritionist is not a fan of soy or whey.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Optimal Nutrition Gold standard whey, try the double chocolate if you are a choco person. Peel first and then freeze a banana and then use it instead of ice. Let your blender blend for a minute to make the shake frothy.

And you can always do a search and find the same question posted every few weeks.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819195-best-protein-powder-for-women-in-your-opinion
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I love PROMASIL. I get it at GNC. Mixes well, tastes great, low calorie, no carbs, etc.
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    Cellucor Cookies and cream or cinnamon swirl or Peanut butter marshmellow.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6 Isolate
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I've tried dozens of brands of protein powder, and the absolute BEST one I've tried so far is TRUTEIN. I've tried every single flavor, and though I love them all, my absolute favorite is Chocolate Peanut Butter... cause if you blend it up with milk and ice, it tastes just like a chocolate peanut butter shake. Of course, if you're super sensitive to the taste of protein, you'll detect the difference, HOWEVER... I've had several of my friends (who hate protein shakes) try it, and they all loved it. It's a bit on the spendy side (about $35.00 plus S+H for a 2.5lb tub), but it's VERY well worth it!! I've also recently tried their newest and limited Orange Creamsicle flavor... amazing! Blended w/ milk and orange juice, it tastes just like an orange creamsicle!! No BS, it's wonderful stuff.

I've also heard that Optimum Nutrition is really good too... but I haven't had the time (or lately, the interest) to try it, considering that I'm totally sold on Trutein and already have enough to last me a few months lol

So yeah... Trutein, baby! Delicious stuff! They also have a samples page, where you can order a sample of whatever flavor you want. If that one doesn't get you hooked, try Optimum Nutrition, that's got a lot of good reviews. :)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC Mega Man, either Vanilla or Chocolate. They have an equivallent for women also. It is very tasty with no after taste to speak of.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ask any friends that use protein powder if they'd mind you tasting theirs. Could save you a lot of money
  • SynapseAP
    SynapseAP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wish there were samples out there to try various kinds because everyone has different tastes so trying to find a good protein powder is a bit of a needle in the haystack (I've just tried to stay away from ones that everyone hates). I started with GNC "Lean Muscle Meal" Vanilla and Chocolate. I don't like the chemical aftertaste of the chocolate but the vanilla is pretty good. Then I started to add in a scoop of GNC's Iso Burst Whey (Natural Flavor) and that made it even better by cutting some of the sweetness of the vanilla. I don't think the Iso Burst on it's own would be very good as it is mostly tasteless but it is great as a sweetness "cutter".

I recently ordered a tub of the MusclePharm Combat Cookies & Cream and that is quite good as well (two scoops of that with a scoop of Iso Burst mixed in to make it less sweet and give me more protein per shake). I mix everything with 500ml of skim milk.

I've read good things about the Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl so I ordered that just recently to try out (along with a reorder of the MusclePharm).
  • projectbam
    projectbam Posts: 55
    Options
    Maybe check this out: http://protein-powder.findthebest.com/

It compares Protein Powders by category (Whey/ Blend/ Soy/ Casein etc) and by Price/ Calorie Content/ and Protein and Carb Content per Serving .. amaze-balls !!

A
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

So yeah... Trutein, baby! Delicious stuff! They also have a samples page, where you can order a sample of whatever flavor you want. If that one doesn't get you hooked, try Optimum Nutrition, that's got a lot of good reviews. :)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai

This is the only good answer in this thread
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Right now I have Isopure Dutch Chocolate and Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Mocha Cappuccino, both fantastic!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Protein Factory Monster V Blend - Cinn-A-Bon flavor.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    What kind/brand of protein powder is the best in terms of health and taste?

Taste a bunch and find out.

I personally prefer Optimum Nutrition's Whey and Casein powders, chocolate.
  • vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Herbalife protein powder is great to add 1-2 scoops in a protein shake, I prefer berry flavour among the variety, also comes in choc, vanilla, cookie-cream
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Optimal Nutrition Gold standard whey, try the double chocolate if you are a choco person. Peel first and then freeze a banana and then use it instead of ice. Let your blender blend for a minute to make the shake frothy.

And you can always do a search and find the same question posted every few weeks.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819195-best-protein-powder-for-women-in-your-opinion

This
  • THICKandFIT
    THICKandFIT Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai

This is the only good answer in this thread

agreed!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    This really depends on the type of protein powder.
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    bump!